Gotta go fast thread

gotta go fast thread
let's talk about racing games you're playing right now, all are welcome
sims, arcade, bikes, casual, need for speed, tire shredding drifting, even stuff you wrecked in beam or wreckfest. let's go fast Any Forums
some upcoming racing vidya:
dakar desert rally
need for speed 2022
forza motorsport 8
td solar crown
wrc generations
sbk 22

Attached: 1637543164748.jpg (1920x1080, 475.19K)

>Test Drive Solar Crown
Have they announced anything else besides a few screenshots? TDU2 was great, really hope they don't fuck this one up.

just a pretty crappy trailer is all there is so far.

>Made by ex-Criterion devs
Please be good...

Attached: Wreckreation.jpg (616x353, 133.89K)

if anything it will be nice to have a decent trackmania alternative

They need to go into more detail about that track edit feature, because the trailer's implication is that's something other players can do while a race is going on, since it was called "LIVE MIX."

>racing "games"
Kill yourself chud, driving in circles takes no skill and isn't vidya. Cars destroy the environment and make countries unlivable with their car-centric infrastructure. Kill yourself.

good thing we drive video game cars then. thanks for the bump in any case.

That'll be the only way you'll be allowed to drive your smoke-belching death machines incel

I'm having fun with GT7 single player, but I'm starting to dislike how they make you start in last place every time. It feels like the only way to win every time is just to have a way better car than everyone else. I can't tell if I'm improving or if it's just free wins from blasting through the straights. Also it's somewhat discouraging how incredibly well you have to know each track with the specific car you're driving to know the exact points to start breaking, turning and accelerating. It feels good when I get it right, but man, every track takes a lot of practice. Does it ever get to the point where you'll automatically follow the driving line and hit the apexes by raw intuition when playing on a new track?

its the only way i can drive a track car period lol

yeah you'll figure it out
after completing the paltry campaign like 2 days after release I was really pissed at the game, but at least for me it's became a really fun time attack challenge
my friend and I are trading times at Tsukuba back and forth with stock S2000s taking hundredths of seconds off trying to get the fastest times

I can smell the axe wound

i was craving a racing game recently so i bought gtav and it filled the void. that is all

I periodically go back to the OG Race Driver Grid from 2009 to tide me over while I wait to move into a bigger place and buy some sim racing gear. Those Assetto guys having all the fun making me jelly

Attached: Assetto_Corsa_Screenshot_2021.07.24_-_01.15.59.20_2.png (1920x1011, 2.03M)

GTA V racing hasn't been good in a long time but I feel your pain, there's a lot of choice for racing games on PC but the majority of the titles are farily mediocre.

i'm confused by this one. i just looked up the trailer, and the store page (and name) suggests it's got some burnout influence with it being about crashing and shit. but then the gameplay makes it look more like racing on gigantic, sparse hotwheels tracks. sort of like trackmania but with collisions. i dunno what they're going for

The tracks look genuinely too wide. Was this necessary to allow more of the track building toys, or did they just forget how to make a good racer?

I wish GT7 comes to PC so we can have a racing game that you can play online. I will not iRent.

You don't know it yet but you don't really want to play GT7...

I just want GT5 multiplayer back without jailbreaking my ps3 and installing a master mod

Attached: Kyoto - Shoren-in.jpg (3840x2160, 1.45M)

Anyone playing Assetto Corsa with a controller? No matter what I do it always controls like shit. I also play Competizione but this game is just fine with a controller. Somehow the settings don't translate between the games too well.
AC is always very twitchy...

I think at this point it would be safe to jailbreak it but I know what you mean. I guess your best bet would be to play GT5/6 on RPCS3 if your PC can handle it.
Some emulators these days have online play too but I haven't followed RPCS3 at all so I can't say anything about it.

> TDU2 was great, really hope they don't fuck this one up.

lol
lmao even
TDU2 had absolute garbage handling model