Is Stalker worth playing? Is it an RPG like Fallout but in Chernobyl or is it more like open world Metro?

Is Stalker worth playing? Is it an RPG like Fallout but in Chernobyl or is it more like open world Metro?

Attached: 25352323525.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

Attached: Stalker gunplay.webm (1280x1000, 2.82M)

Activate your Windows Tomasz

Its not an rpg cause you cant level up any stuff. You can do sidequests to earn money to buy cooler stuff or search for staches with cool stuff in them. Its a pretty good game if you can get behind the slavic jank the game suffers from. It may seem difficult at first but youll get the hang of it.

Neither.

play with mods

Play with deez nuts, faggot.

It's an action/adventure game with survivor and horror elements. Yes I would recommend it greatly. Personally I'd reccomend a first play-through vanilla but there's a lot of people that swear by mods to enhance the experience.

mods are required for this shit ass engine to even fucking function properly

It is a rather (basic) pew pew with semi non linear open areas. Metro is straight up corridor shooter with also basic pew pew

On both of these games peeps usually enjoy the setting and atmosphere first and foremost. The post soviet, post apocalyptic zone setting in particular. If you are into that pic related trumps imo both of them in those categories. But it is not a fps pew pew if that is your thing.

Attached: darkwood.jpg (1920x1080, 529.45K)

Darkwood is peak comfy for me for some reason. Good game.

question to you anons
what was the old RPG game that was a birds-eye view, but was like britons and celts? it was in the typical RPG fashion with magic, and in the beginning of the game there was a swamp with a mud hole that led to a goblin nest?

vanilla stalker runs fine nowadays

It's not an RPG, it's basically an open world shooter with some horror elements. Definitely give it a shot, it's quite a unique atmosphere.

darkwood is fun but the day/time mechanics ruins it for me, i hate time mechanics just let me chill

>darkwood has a better post apocalyptic soviet world then Stalker
Not even close

Openish world shooter with inventory

it's like open world metro. except for soc, they couldn't finish it in time so it's a bit linear, but it was meant to be open world.

It's a really unique mashup of an emergent, dynamic world simulation with rigidly designed CRPG style dungeons, the really cool part of the game is how the systems driven stuff and the scripted narrative stuff butts heads and creates totally unique situations, and it leverages this interactivity to avoid the trap of becoming rote like completely open world RNG games do once you understand all of the different components, this functionality is expanded upon greatly by mods as well.

This is less the case in Call of Pripyat which is more of a typical open world game.

You "level up" in STALKER by acquiring better gear which modifies your base stats or opens progression gates, rubles are analogous to experience points.

wait, is there such a thing as a shooter RPG?
armor/weapons randomly generated?

Do you live under a rock and have not heard of
>Borderlands

why randomly generated?
also Mass Effect