OLED is such a meme for gaming and I'm tired of pretending it isn't. LCD is leagues better than this trash

OLED is such a meme for gaming and I'm tired of pretending it isn't. LCD is leagues better than this trash.

>terrible full screen brightness (LCD doesn't have this problem)
>raised blacks with VRR enabled (LCD doesn't have this problem)
>burn in if you play the same game a lot frequently or have a desktop on for many hours (LCD doesn't have this problem)
>organic material dies away after a couple of years causing massive color shift and tint (LCD doesn't have this problem)

Attached: 1660459161149.jpg (768x700, 209.82K)

Nice bait

OP's unironically right. The true ultimate display specs today are either IPS or VA with MiniLED, 2000+ sustained nits, and thousands of dimming zones to reduce blooming. With an aggressive algorithm, this would produce the absolute best picture possible today.
Eventually, MicroLED will obsolete everything that came before it. But until then, avoid the OLED cancer like the plague. Only rat men who live underground enjoy it with its shit brightness.

Prove it wrong then retard

Why do you need brightness high enough for a migraine?

>dude your monitor is too bright for my mole man eyes, I can't handle more than 100 nits without getting a migraine!

Attached: real_world_luminance_hckhz.jpg (1047x1572, 481.85K)

I have my oled set at 40% brightness for SDR content

>brightness above 150 nits gives you a migraine

Literally laptop screen brightness from 10 years ago

Nah my oled is way way brighter than any other monitor I've owned at full brightness

Nah. Even shitty monitors get that bright or brighter nowadays. Oled looks brighter because of higher color saturation which is how Samsungs quantum dot tech works. Our eyes percieve higher saturation as higher brightness. But if you were to put an OLED on a full white screen it's easy to see the ABL kick in and see how poor the brightness really is.

t. Own an LG OLED

Brightness is unironically extreme important if you want to enjoy HDR shit. Love the OLEDfag "but OLED has infinite contrast so having shit-tier nits isn't important!" cope.

Still brighter than I'd like it to be. Don't see the point of having a sun blasting light in your face for hours

It's enough for highlights, why do you want a sunny day depicted in a movie to illuminate your entire room?

I have a VA LCD TV which cost half the price of my oled and it doesn't have sun blasting brightness but it has 4x the brightness across a full screen compared to my oled and its easily noticeable. I can barely see SDR content on my oled in day time because of how poor the brightness is, which is even poorer in SDR. Unless you live in a basement with no windows oled is garbage.

My LCD = 545 nits full screen sustained
My OLED = 138 nits full screen sustained
And for comparison the super bright Samsung QLEDs = 800 nits full screen sustained
(All HDR)

defective panel? mine works fine

No these numbers are straight from RTINGs.com. OLED is known to have garbage brightness. If you can't see that then you've never seen any decent LCD TV. Even the low end budget LCDs have better full screen brightness than the most expensive LG oleds.

The $399 hisense U6G has better brightness across the board compared to the LG C2 which costs $1500 more. You'd have to be a literal caveman not to notice the brightness issues.

>My OLED = 138 nits full screen sustained
That's fucking embarrasing, my cheapo generic LG monitor with VA panel can sustain 350 lel

poorfag cope

my oled is brighter than my previous 1400€ lg lcd

I have that new QD OLED monitor and it's the best display I've ever seen
went from a middling half decade old TN panel to this and I'm in love with it

Attached: nvcplui_2022-08-14_08-26-12.jpg (331x166, 19.84K)

Must be some ancient TV because its borderline impossible to get an LCD nowadays which has worse brightness than an oled across a full screen. Also highlights are a meme because that only matters in dark games so small bright objects pop. Any game that's set in daylight won't benefit from highlight brightness. That's why full screen brightness is so important.

>old TN panel
Here your problem, literal retard.