How's everyone enjoying Xenoblade 3?

How's everyone enjoying Xenoblade 3?

Attached: 1660449834464896.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsbxD5NJIps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The more I think about the game, the more I'm disappointed in it, and I hate that. Like, this was the only thing I was looking forward to in a while, outside of Bayo 3, and while it's fun and I'm enjoying myself, it's just, I guess I overhyped it.

Makes me miss 2, to be honest. I feel like gameplay is the only area where 3 kinda wins out, and even then, I haven't had as many memorable incounters with Uniques. Confiscator Jimmy lives in my head rent free.

Consul J on hard mode kicked my ass for the past day. Im glad I got beat the shit out of that fuck.

>planned DLC at launch
I don't buy intentionally incomplete trash no matter how much I liked previous iteration of ™.

I really love the game and just finished it yesterday - my only complain is that sometimes cutscenes are to big.
Also who got the idea to put cutscenes into a 3 phase fight - shit took over 2 ours to beat.

It's a much better game than xenoblade 2 even without the dlc

I really like the sea area and the music there is top tier, especially the daytime island track. Starts out pleasant enough and then it just hits really hard almost 2 minutes in

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsbxD5NJIps

Attached: 1658739102207.jpg (1280x720, 285.92K)

its really good, fuckin hate playing some shitty class for completion autismo though

Like it better than 2, but not as much as 1 unfortunately.
I don't hate the setting, but it's not really jelling with me the same way 1, or even X did. I actually like the new cast though.
Looking at the gameplay previews, I hoped they were gonna build the mechanics off of 1 and X more than 2, but it just feels more like 2 with more stuff in it. At least the GCD isn't tied to auto-attacks this time, though having to stand still for them to proc feels really bad still.

This is a locale from XB1 correct? Looks neat with how they changed the landscrape a good amount to be high rising platforms.

>72h in
>Beginning of ch5
Side quest autismo is hitting me hard. Just did one quest to unlock hero class affinity to lvl20. Now looks like I need to see if theres more available.
Also Juniper best girl

What did you do differently?

Dude I fucking despise the AI. It was always bad, but the changes to combat and addition of playable characters has made the flaws stand out so much more than ever before.
The music is also surprisingly poor for a Xenoblade game.

Attached: aerodynamic.png (1003x584, 1.36M)

I'm on Chapter 3 end right now. My observations so far:
- Party characters are not complete braindead retards with hypertrophied personality of 13 y.o. kids which you can see in almost every JRPG. Sena (but not nopons) is kinda exception there, still this is admissible imo: she is cute retard and almost don't do embarassing things. Ergo, party relationship dynamics is kinda convincing and pleasing to see in general.
- Plot is well constructed. Telling the story through jumping from character to character is good idea. You literally killing character development and overall main-story-need-to-be-told problems with one stone. So far seems all characters will have their own arks and every one of them will contribute to main story so FF9 problem doesn't seems to be the case for XC3. Characters adequacy ofc also contributes into plot quality.
- Lines writing is on the borderline. I've seen some anime "on the nose" trash lines, but still, overall quality is acceptable to not to puke. Sometimes characters talk like braindead retards from Persona, but then story themes and, I hope, Takahashi's adequacy align the flow of conversations. Can't point out some example, just my general feeling.
- Graphicaly this game is pure trash. Emulators prescribed. World art feels worse than previous games, especially X. It seems to be release was forced. I'm convinced the only part of the game was really 100% finished is writing. Will check out that throught walkthrought.
- Battle system feels better than previous games, at least on Hard, but UI is embarassing.
- Music and "mood" of the game is unironically best in the series. Warm melancholic themes hitting hard. Still, LA Night theme on the top.

Attached: 1644471932311.jpg (600x435, 59.89K)

Cringe borefest, takes itself way too serious.

Attached: 1587306740181.jpg (434x532, 25.17K)

Attached: DD3C1748-5C89-482C-9657-A9BCF0CBF9BD.jpg (3840x2160, 1.57M)

>the Ethel vs Cammuravi "rivalry" scene
Now THAT is some shitty writing. What a legitimately awful arc.

Mid chapter 5 and I just realized I can use master arts with the directional buttons instead of waiting for fusion arts

>chapter 7
>start to get pissed off with the dumb padding after the hype exposition
>"whatever I'll just do the side stuff in post-game"
>bumrush to the ending
>no more desire to play the game
shit

Attached: 1637168790330.png (621x588, 699.16K)

>their entire reason for living every time they are reborn is to fight each other, they hold vague memories of their autistic bond forever and don't know how to express it better
>their lives are tied to each other with the special flame clocks in their mechs and controlled by the Consuls so they can't do anything but fight each others to death
Makes perfect sense to me

Every area from XB3 is an area from XB1 combined with an area from XB2.

>showed them fighting literally once
>Ethel is shown sharing a bond with Borealis more then Cammuravi
>the cutscene where they both die makes it seem like we're supposed to care, as if it's Solid Snake vs Liquid Snake
Fuck right off with your easily impressed faggotry. That's the first time I was legitimately disappointed in a game in a LOOOONG time.

I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I feel like I'm nearing the end of chapter 4 and have been doing all the side quests I possibly can, but I'm only at about 40 hours. Do the amount of side quests increase or something?

It's a masterpiece. The game I've been waiting for since Xenogears. Only complaint is that money is a useless resource

Much better than 2. An actually likeable protagonist, humor that isn't cringe, better cast of characters all around, better music, better combat system, better party customization, better story, better themes and tone. Just better all around.

Worse than 1 and X. I loved the horror themes of those two, I wish this leaned into the Flame Clock concept a bit more.

Battle is so jank. Have no idea what the fuck is going on most of the time