Why did it flop?

Why did it flop?

Attached: sonic origins.jpg (1600x900, 154.2K)

Double the price of Sonic Mania and all this DLC bullshit for some 30 year old MegaDrive roms.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2022_04_20_at_9.53.30_AM.jpg (1200x473, 235.46K)

I guess that means people aren't as in to 2d Sonic as they say they are.

Not getting close to the quality of the already made remakes of the classic games.

Sega has resold these same roms packaged up six different ways now that I can think of (including Origins). You can only buy the same games so many times.

who at this point hasn't bought these games by now?

>Denovuo
>can't play as everyone despite having the oppotunity
> insane price point
>lazy transitions for sonic 3
sonic mania's insane profitable success shows they are it's just sonic / sega official teams are mentally retarded and should all be fired immediately.

Attached: please-notice-this.png (600x360, 71.75K)

For anyone who cares about 2d sonic, they'll know there's a free, definitive way to play all these games on PC already for free.
For anyone who doesn't care, they don't see the value in spending so much for old games.
It was a lose/lose on Sega's part to release it like this.

>overpriced
>launched with a bunch of bugs
>not enough new content to justify the purchase
>better versions exist on PC for free
Not really hard to see why it flopped. You'd think Sega would have learned their lesson after Sonic Colors Ultimate but here we are.

Attached: 1654622696754.jpg (332x349, 17.16K)

>sonic mania's insane profitable success shows they are it's just sonic / sega official teams are mentally retarded and should all be fired immediately.
I bet Mania 2 with all new levels still wouldn't do that well

>remove denuovo
> lower price to 25$
> metal sonic, amy and knuckles playable through all games
ding ding
mania was a pretty big deal. a new sonic game that was actually great and didn't suck dick AND it was in classic pixel style 2D was an impressive sight to behold. if mania 2 released I think about 80-85% of people who enjoyed mania 1 would probably buy it if it was actually good and didn't fall into any of the bullshit pitfalls origins did.

it would if Sonic Team doesnt get their grubby hands on it. Never forget that Stealth took one for the team and exposed how Sonic Team ruined Origins after it was handed to them.

I will never purchase a 2d sonic game again :)

Attached: 1581960139438.png (307x295, 185.84K)

no mj no buy

Speaking as a genuine Sega Boy, I was up for buying Sonic Origins but I was put off by the numerous bugs, the lack of the Michael Jackson themes (and the poor sequencing of the prototype music replacements), and the general sense of '06 syndrome where Sega rushed it out the door before it was ready to meet a deadline.

cause I realized all 2d games feel the same, and aren't interesting.

>Make a compilation solely to introduce new people from the Sonic movies to the classic games
>Make it fucking digital only

That's why if it's selling like shit. They'll give a fucking physical release to Mania which sold completely fine but not this.

>Games don't needlessly change their formula into something controversial and bad.
What a nightmare.

Attached: 1647648135997.jpg (410x336, 17.48K)

Funny you'd bring up the mega man game, which also failed for never evolving. Face it, 2d will never change, and that's why it fails. Mania was only popular as it was because it was a breath of fresh air, and it nostalgia baited classic fags. Now that nostalgia well has been fucking tapped. What's the appeal of 2d now? No evolving story to get people interested into seeing what happens next. No new gameplay that changes the way you play the game. 2d fags will say purity is best, but purity is also fucking boring.

>in the logo
>used for promotion
>playstyle already in established in Advance 1
>Not playable
Fuck this man. Also this >>can't play as everyone despite having the oppotunity

Attached: 1610873598979.jpg (3314x4096, 688.04K)

11 was the best selling Megaman yet. The series "failed" because Capcom execs kept trying to turn it into something it wasn't and driving off their fans. And the same thing is happening with Sonic, getting twisted into all kinds of broken gameplay styles because the devs insist upon reinventing the wheel every game.
Funny how their best selling games in recent memory occur when they go back to basics. Go figure.

Attached: 22324626263.png (778x686, 1.05M)

>Mania was only popular as it was because it was a breath of fresh air
No it wasn't the fuck. Most of Mania's stages are from previous games, which wasn't something new either, because gens already did that as well as brought back classic sonic. Lost World didn't automatically become popular because it was a breath of fresh air from the boost formula, people don't look back on the story of Sonic colors fondly for being a breath of fresh air at the time. Mania was popular because it was a good game, stop being retarded.

For such a loved game, nobody seems to be playing Mania anymore.

Attached: 1470425974055.gif (386x232, 3.23M)

dude, you're coping hard. Megaman is dead because nobody is interested in "the classic" gameplay except nostalgia fags.

Sonic Mania averages 150-200 daily players on Steam after 5 years

>resorting to making shit up out your ass

>Ignoring that 11 sold well
You're precious.

Attached: 1564766729269.png (546x458, 271.36K)

>150-200
Sonic Adventure 2 gets more despite being a way older game and just a port ;)

Attached: Sonic adventure 2 cover.png (324x324, 203.45K)

>150-200 daily players
Concurrent, not daily. Daily player count would be even higher.

>nobody seems to be playing Mania anymore.
>Adventuretard moving the goalpost

>Funny you'd bring up the mega man game, which also failed for never evolving.
That's the opposite of what happened.
>Most of it's series that evolved/took the series in a new direction didn't do well (Legends, Zero, ZX, SF)
>The more popular series had severe quality dips (Classic, X, BN)

Attached: 7a46b5ef353955e70bb8ad61fca8c9be.jpg (1169x827, 337.12K)

Sorry not sorry your game is doing worse than a game from 2001.

Attached: 1631068658949.gif (540x400, 1.9M)

The recent collections and their sales seem to say otherwise

It's not even that much of a difference.
Also, pretty funny how SA2 player activity completely fucking dies when amerimutts are asleep.

Attached: Untitled.png (746x766, 306.74K)

>Also, pretty funny how SA2 player activity completely fucking dies when amerimutts are asleep.
OH no! Is there a reason I'm supposed to care?

Attached: 1547661204470.jpg (250x141, 22.47K)