Me and my buddies who play XIV all decided to go download XI because there's a free trial right now and we're all...

Me and my buddies who play XIV all decided to go download XI because there's a free trial right now and we're all honestly interested in going through the story just because it's another numbered FF game and we'd rather not lock ourselves out of the experience if/when the servers go down.

What are we in for?

Attached: 526-5261406_final-fantasy-xi-logo-png-transparent-png.png (860x449, 160.73K)

Also PlayOnline is really antiquated but in a nice charming way, I must say.

Kino playonline music followed by a bad game that used to be an okay game

I played it all through my teen years. My favorite MMO to date. Abyssea really ruined things, but they did a lot of work with the newest expansion to repair that damage. There is a shit ton to do, with each city having it's own story. But be prepared for using menus nonstop.
I would recommend using the Windower app to really enhance the playing experience and get some addons that'll help too.

XIV really spoiled me with hand-holding, XI is practically unplayable for me now.

>Log in
>Wander aimlessly through one of the starting cities for an hour or two
>Completely lost
>No sense of direction
>Go into overworld and kill some mobs with trusts
>Still directionless
>End up logging off because where the fuck do I even start?
>Try again and repeat in six months when the interest kicks in again

Attached: pathetic.jpg (498x539, 37.29K)

How many friends? A fun party of Trust NPCs is ideal for leveling up but you really only get access to about 3 trusts before missions start cockblocking you. Each party member will obviously share exp, but don't worry about getting ahead you can still level sync down I think but check that first if it's allowed with trusts.

Everyone should pick the same nation regardless of race (you can change later easy enough). Enjoy doing story missions. Nation missions start off slow and pick up at rank 4/5. Keep that in mind, but most don't realize because they're too enraptured by the comfy world traveling adventure with based Mizuta soundtrack.

Make sure you find the Sparks NPC in your nation and find the menu to find quests/ objectives that give sparks, and follow the RoV line. From the Spark NPC join the RDM Unity (think it was Apururu).

Also if Zeid and Shantotto II and Sehlteus aren't currently available, your other trusts are probably mediocre, where players will be stronger. Trion/Valaineral i believe are your only real starter Tanks Trusts.

Check out the lv1-99 guide if you want. You'll need to keep the ffxiclopedia wiki open to do missions unless you want the real classic "how the fuxk was i supposed to knoto talk to this random cuck across the globe to progress the mission and now i have to back track 30 miles for this item I couldve picked up otw" experience (no one actually did this).

I played XI for my first time this year and had no issues at all.

Attached: 1647445473632.jpg (390x446, 155.49K)

I mean I can handle old games, not really a zoomer and I played Runescape around the time XI was in it's hayday

>How many friends?
Like 5 or 6 depending. Two of us already got started with trust leveling, I haven't made my guy yet.

I feel like since I play a roe, I'm obligated to play a Galka.

Do it Galka are cool you'll want to enjoy those heavy animations if you play Roe

Alright.

I use a lore friendly name for my Roe in XIV, the kind where I have to guess how people will abbreviate my name, is there a name generator for Galkas anywhere? I googled it but didn't find anything.

Based classic XI chad. I've heard the game has instances and item levels now? That honestly sounds like it basically kills what made the game good.
I stopped playing around the time they were wrapping up Abyssea. I think 95 cap? I played for 8 years.

It's basically the same naming conventions as Roe. The ones that have been subjugated by the Humes follow the ADJ. NOUN format. But the wild ones, the rebels, and the ones trying to reclaim their heritage all tend to have chunky names with the hard consonants mixed in like G and K.

Pre-Abyssea (I'd say pre-WotG though, maybe even pre-ToAU) was peak MMORPG experience: it made you truly feel like an adventurer in a hostile world wherw cooperation (or exploitation, if you're a sociopath) was the only way to survive and get stronger. Every single level mattered, every new piece of gear, every person you met. The game was so full of secrets and hidden mechanics that even the starting areas always had new things to discover.

Nothing even gets close to the experience this game provided.

this is what zoomer gamers are
fucking pathetic

Oh so they have the same language and everything? Could I just import my XIV roe name and it would work?

Interesting that there's some racial tension because the only time that's really a thing in XIV is Gridania's whole thing against Duskwights.

Lots of Galka are Native Americans (Might Mountain). Others are unique (main NPCs of course) live Zeid and Raogrimm. They used to be sandniggers so they didn't start off as Hume USA nigger slaves. Don't recall conventions besides
for those nonslave names.

Just remember, whatever race you pick actually has benefits to whatever class you want to play. So Thief, Ninja, or Ranger...you'd be better off picking Mithra.
Warrior, Monk, Samurai...Galka.
Any caster, you'd be better off with a Tarutaru. It doesn't impact you massively, but it does help a little bit when you're leveling with the bonus stats.

got it

It does have ilvls now, but it really doesn't affect your gameplay until the super late game stuff. I don't remember any instances when I last played a year ago.

It doesn't matter in retail. What they should do is look up racial animations ans decide what they like. Also keep in mind females have a bit more slutty armor than makes a few times (not often but it's hit enough to care). Mithra and Hume walking around in buttshorts or scale/leather pants cutting out the crotch part exposing some kind of spats panties make me hard all the time

FFXI is still the best MMO ever made IMO. No other MMO has given me experiences even close to it. I feel bad for everyone that didn't get to play it in its prime.

Attached: ffxivalk.png (652x488, 854.28K)

I did love the fact that the character you make has a chance to be left handed when swinging 2 handed weapons.