When if at all do you look up tips/hints playing a new game?

when if at all do you look up tips/hints playing a new game?

Attached: 1350444-naraku2 (1).jpg (720x480, 17.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xKt8_o1a9Cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whenever I get lost

Attached: monkey aaaaaaaaa.gif (220x275, 810.14K)

>Check for wikis
>Read some messageboard posts for tips and tricks
>Check for optimal builds if applicable
>check achievement list for missable achievements/collectibles
You are now ready to start playing

If a puzzle blocking progression turns into an obtuse pixel hunt, or if I'm playing a mod with poorly explained ingame hints. Also fuck secret steam achievements, I'm going to at least google them after finishing the game

Usually after a few hours if I get stuck at a segment.
Last few games I had to do it for was MOON which I felt was less of me being a brainlet and the game being overly cryptic. Silent Hill 2 was on me though, I was an idiot and got lost and didn't know where a certain area was and after 40 minutes of walking around I just quickly popped up a wiki.

Regardless on if its your fault or not, it will always detract from the game if you have to look up help rather than progressing organically. Try not to rely on it.

after reaching the credits

never, unless I'm absolutely frustrated and fed up

Doesn't that ruin the experience heavily?
This sounds pretty reasonable...not unless you're fed up with it approach

Real time strategy games completely fuck me, I genuinely need to study the game in question if I want to play with the boys.

Attached: 1655568388076.webm (852x480, 2M)

only if absolutely truely stuck after at least 2 hours.

when i get stuck or when I want to learn how to unlock / find an item. I believe I looked up how to get claymore and elite knight set in DS1

Attached: 5743790078.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

The MOON example totally fell under 'getting fed up'. The game worked on a Day/Night/Week cycle with events only happening on certain days of the week at certain times and unlike games like Majora's mask which has a journal system, this game expects you to know exactly when it happens.
A ton of the side quests are "be in the right place at the right time or else wait a whole week".

Attached: confession.jpg (1295x1600, 495.25K)

I definitely looked up Elden rings questlines but I think thats with me already fucking up dark souls ones where it was linear and the scope of elden rings was just an instant "nah fuck that" for me. I obviously didnt immediately do it, but as I got near the end game I started to ask what happened to so and so.

When I'm playing a JRPG and I know that I'm going to miss a bunch of shit playing naturally.

BOKU TASHI WAAAAAA

Only when I'm convinced the game is bugged and I need confirmation, or I run into something like pic related and don't feel like putting in more time than it's worth. There could also be a mechanic I'm too dumb to understand and need to look up

Attached: consecrated_snowfield_location_map_elden_ring_wiki_guide_1920px.jpg (1920x2296, 793.36K)

>get stuck in certain part of the game to the point I get frustrated/absolutely clueless
>decide to look up some hints
>can start making progress again
>feel bad afterwards for looking up said hints and feel like I havent beat the game naturally
Am I the only one who feels like this whenever this shit happens? It kind of feels like you're cheating but holy shit, there are some stuff in games that really do make you scratch your noggin.

From the thumbnail I seriously thought that was a blue coomer face.

Before I even start the game. I have no confidence in most games to teach the full extent of their mechanics and there's almost always hidden stats and information that are near impossible to pick up on during gameplay. I want all of the tools and information right away so I can develop the playstyle I'll enjoy most from the start.

Attached: 95WvaPp.jpg (902x1369, 294.28K)

If I want to just play for the story and couldn't be too interested in the gameplay.
>just watch a letsplay/read the sparknotes on the wiki
Nah I'm good. If I'm interested/curious enough in the story to engage with it it doesn't feel genuine if I'm not going to play the game and learn the story through it.

take me back...
to the kino outro plz youtu.be/xKt8_o1a9Cw
I seriously can't believe they just had a section of that map full of boss ghost...

Attached: 1621282293715.jpg (950x712, 44.85K)