Now that the dust has settled, why the fuck did this game have nothing to do with SMT or Fire Emblem...

Now that the dust has settled, why the fuck did this game have nothing to do with SMT or Fire Emblem? The crossover had zero reason to even exist.

Attached: sq-nswitch-tokyomiragesessionsfeencore-1640118280423.jpg (1000x1000, 334.89K)

it was a crossover??

>combat and dungeon crawling from SMT
>class system and characters from FE

You're free to not like it but saying it had nothing to do with either is disingenuous.
>muh slideshow

Because they forgot about it and the director wanted to make his own Persona knock off

True, it looks good, I would have bought it if it was uncensored, No vagina bones = No buy

Tsubasa saved my life

Yet it was a fun game

>Combat from SMT
You mean Persona

Persons unironically wishes

I see it has more of a FE than SMT.
The only SMT related I remembered was the move names, some side quests- one of them is copy paste from Anthony- and the dungeons.

One this game did to me: it opened the floodgate on my ass to play all 3DS mega ten games.

It wasn't a crossover in the first place
Also it's extremely retarded to base your opinion on a game on a shitty inaccurate marketing line from its earliest stages of development

Only they kept up that marketing and secrecy about the actual project right until the end, even referring to it as "Fire Emblem x SMT" during the first instance of Kowashitai.

This laid the groundwork for Soul Hackers 2

I love the game, seeing all the references to both franchises is cute, and it's better than having a full on crossover with the actual characters imo. Atlus ruins their characters every time they do a crossover game, like PQ

What the fuck are you talking about, the only thing it takes from FE are some names. It's much closer to SMT on the basis of being the same genre.

Doesn't it use the weapon triangle

It uses the weapon triangle, your not-personas are all based on FE1/Awakening characters, a lot of weapons are based on Fire Emblem weapons, it uses flier/mounted/armored/dragon unit types with appropriate weaknesses on top of weapon triangle, your level ups are slightly randomized, and there's a bunch of random jingles and cameos (like the level up jingle, or Anna being a shopkeeper).

It's a pretty good game if approached at all by comparison to Persona 4, as another more lighthearted Megaten RPG. Way better production values, pacing, gameplay, and dungeon design. It being made by the Strange Journey team shows, because oddly enough they recycled more than a handful of NPCs and questlines from that specifically.

It was an original title borrowing gameplay elements from both.

>Based on
Nigger have you even seen the designs lmao

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 195.08K)

>Plays like a Persona with FE characters

I don't understand what's so hard to understand about it. It's better than Fates.

surprised that it has the combo system from strange journey instead of press turn like Persona, was a fun linear game that would appreciate more chapters to flesh out its tropey ass story