How do localizers still get away with 4Kids tier name changes?

How do localizers still get away with 4Kids tier name changes?

Attached: 376E15BE-3AC2-4087-AAE3-27796D86AC71.jpg (1121x539, 131.39K)

4Kids was soul and I'm glad they localized the shows they did. This in the same vein. The Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was a blessing

I think NoE is under less scrutiny than NoA, simply because they're not le mutts.

>its ok, I can see their parachutes!
4kids was hilarity, but that is not the same thing as soul.

american date format is fucking retarded
they were doomed from the start

Their brains have been deep-fried in corn syrup so they need to be reminded what year it is first and foremost.

I'm still kind of wondering why goomba hasn't quietly been changes to kuribo or whatever it's called in nip. You'd think the wops would've raised a stink over the name.

the same way they get away with fucking everything, no oversight.

user, I

Attached: 1490995050918.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

The Japanese names for Pyra and Mythra are so lazy, though. Homura just translates to 'fire', and Hikari just translates to 'light. If you were talking about some of the other name changes, like Byakko to Dromarch and the like, I could understand where you were coming from, but I personally prefer Pyra/Mythra as names just because they're at least marginally more inventive.

>changing shit is good because i dont like the original
Okay localizer

Imagine if someone just decided to call you Shitballs because they don't like your name.

Their original names are 4kids tier shit

Feel free to actually learn Japanese you EOP, worthless fuck is too stupid to actually learn anything but still feels the need to shit on others who aren't as retarded as him. If you love your precious Japanese so much, play in Japanese or fuck off.

I love seeing retards sperg out about this shit. The translation is whatever, but it's actually superior to the Japanese. Do you want her to be called Homura [translator's note: Homura means fire in Nipponese [translator's note: Nippon is Japanese for Japan]]?

Attached: 1641189872774.jpg (400x400, 29.18K)

But those are real japanese names.

seething trannylator

>changed Byakko to "Dromarch"
>changed Seiryu to "Azurda"
>changed Suzaku to "Roc"
>but Genbu was left untouched, both the Titan and Zeke's name
They aren't even consistent with their own horseshit and it's fucking infuriating

Attached: 1452181189876.jpg (997x879, 265.06K)

Because nintendo game localizations are absolutely fucking garbage unless it's something that's impossible to fuck up like mario/kirby. They get a pass because they're nintendo though.

>game inherently has nothing to do with japan
>doesn't need japanese names
>he WANTS to hear english VAs butcher the pronunciation of japanese names
>even if they kept them, he'd just bitch about how the dub butchers it
The only solution is to disregard weebs

Attached: 1555711626308.jpg (900x900, 105.49K)

>hire plumber to fix my toilet
>he clogs the toilet and tells me "learn plumbing and fix your own toilet" when I ask him to unfuck his mess

>hear english VAs
I seriously hope you don't do this

Attached: disgusted pablo.jpg (226x258, 8.77K)

Wake up bro, you are not a dev team hiring localizers.

Literally every anime/manga/fiction from Japan uses some lame pun word-play for character's names that translates literally to something that describes their character. The language just makes it too easy because practically every Japanese name either has some direct literal meaning or just by swapping the kanji with another with the same pronunciation. This is something that can rarely be translated directly but its about as creative as having a a game having a black smith just named "Smith" but such name pun situations are hard to not be forced or awkward in English.

>setting has nothing to do with japan
>no need to sit through a chorus of "KKKKKKKYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
Yes

Attached: 595.png (680x387, 567.79K)