Ryzen 5600x is 40% off right now

Is it a good deal bros? I have a 2600x, the performance improvements are big but I feel like I'm just feeding into the PC gaming Jew but my 2600x is starting to feel like a piece of shit with newer games already.

Attached: 5600x.png (775x579, 491.02K)

the processor price is good
the ram price is bad

>my 2600x is starting to feel like a piece of shit with newer games already.
That just means that AMD still makes shitty components, as my 11 years old Intel i7-2600K still runs ANYTING without issues.

I'd wait to see how the new platform shakes out if you don't have anything in particular you'd like to play right now.

which mobo do you have? only certain ones can get the bios update to use it.

no. get the 5700x or 5800x3D if its available.

If he has a B450 or better he can use it, so unless he bought a shitty prebuilt he should be fine.

Yeah it's a pretty good upgrade especially as you can just use your existing motherboard. What GPU do you have though because you're more likely to be limited by that.

Not him but i have a 2600X and a 2060 and i actually think the 2600X is absolutely worth upgrading first, it's really quite shit in any CPU bound game.

You literally so not play anything you stupid faggot. Stop playing emulators and hentai games.

my pentinum 3 gets 240 fps in every game at 4k too

AMD backpedaled and now allows old B350 motherboards to use Ryzen 5000 series CPUs with a BIOS update. It works just fine on my old B350 board from 2017.

i have a ryzen 5 3600, should i upgrade to something or wait

is pretty good, now I want to kms because I bought it at 299

What's your GPU and monitor specs?

Hows the weather in tel aviv?

>ryzen
sell it asap

good on AMD for reversing course but absolutely retarded they did it at all. 400 chipsets never got their pci-e gen 4 back either.

Me too, with a 2070 Super and I have yet to come across a game I struggle with, no reason to upgrade

If you're at 1080p and plan on staying at that resolution, and you're getting bad fps, then it's probably worth it. Zen and Zen+ gens were already kind of meh even for their own time. Upgrading to a 5600x/5700x/5800x3d should allow you to smoke most any game at 100++ frames high settings with a decent gpu. If you do upgrade, you may need to get a better cooler, do your research, and make sure your motherboard is compatible with bios updates or whatever.

Still a capable and solid cpu. If you aren't struggling to run anything then I wouldn't spend until your next big upgrade or new pc.

My E3 1240 v2 still runs fine paired with a GTX 1660, so an i7 2600 doing fine with a GTX 1060 or similar isn't farfetched.

yeah it's worth it unless you can't really afford it
especially if you play source games
new generation isn't far away though

>Acting like the Ryzen of 2017 is remotely comparable to now.

Intel these days has to sprint desperately to keep up with Ryzen's casual jog, and this will only intensify.

new generation won't be AM4. He would have to get a new motherboard.

nigge

Either you're a poorfag or retarded.
Probably both.

what you want is 5800x3D its rumored to drop down in price to around 300 in september and with the dropping price of AM4 mobos, i think it will be a WAAAAAAY better bang for the buck than a 5600

3060 ti, 1080p 144hz

Nah you're full of shit.
>t. 2500k owner.

poor+no standards

It will be a huge leap forward in performance, not only in single core performance due to the IPC improvement and higher clocks but also in multi threaded performance because Zen 3 can house 8 cores on a single CCX while prior generations could only do 4, so so intra-CCX latency is completely eliminated for regular desktop CPU's

I went 2600 - 3600x - 5600x and every upgrade was worthwhile.

Is it worth buying a new case? I don't want to build my pc again from scratch, but I hate the one I'm using.

Doesn't sound like too bad of a combo but I suspect the 3060 ti could push more frames at 1080p with a better CPU. What are you getting generally? Like 70-90 fps in most games?

give it to me straight bros, will am5 be a meme and i should just cave and get a 5800X3D, or should i just go am5 when it releases for the long run?

You haven't told us what your current case is or any of your reasons for wanting to upgrade so I don't know what you're expecting here.

Yeah you'll love the build more in the case you admire. Don't be afraid to take it apart and transfer. Watch videos of techtubers doing just that

No reason for you to go from 2600 to the 5600
Save for 7xxx am5 and ddr5