Decided to replay sonic 1 today

it still isn't fun for me.
why?

Attached: 812Cyx0WHLL.png (1024x500, 290.5K)

How far did you get?

That's because the next two games are better

skip 1 and CD, play sonic 2 and 3

Scrap Brain act 2

sonic was never good, play donkey kong country or crash bandicoot

because Sonic was never good. buggy, shitty asspect ratio, awful sound chip in the Segay Geneshits. it's one of the worst games ever made except to furfags.

Sonic 1 is a dogshit game. You know this because people will deflect and brush off its flaws as being just "skill issues."

Attached: Bad design.webm (1280x720, 927.93K)

ok, i was thinking about doing it all in order (1,CD,2,3K,Mania), but if i don't manage to stomach 1 i guess i won't stomach Metallic Madness, thanks.

Attached: 6gp1d1pbs0n61.jpg (1051x750, 84.1K)

who gives a shit user
taste is subjective
I also dont like sonic games and I could list how bad the game design is but Im not going to bother because other people find those things I dislike fun and it doesnt matter

The level design just wasn't very good outside of Green Hill and Star Light Zone. Marble Zone is antithetical to the game's "go fast" theme, and Labyrinth is a fucking abortion that doesn't even have a real boss. Unlike many platformer sequel innovations (like Megaman's slide or any singular one of Mario's powerups), the Spin Dash was an absolutely necessary addition to the game; building speed is a slog without it and some sections (loops mostly) are janky as shit when you're stuck running to build up speed.
Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles fix most of the first game's problems. There are still some shit levels in those games (especially Sky Chase, because God knows all we wanted in our "GOTTA GO FAST" platformer was a fucking autoscroller), but the overall quality is FAR better than the original.

because the level design is ass after green hill
who the fuck likes marble garden, spring yard, and labyrinth zone? fucking nobody

Nigger, fucking play the game normally and you'd have build up enough speed to make it up the slope just fine
Is Mario World bad because you can't just walk slowly up the pipes that have the triangle ramps next to them? Even Mariofags aren't so retarded to not understand the idea of faster speed = wall running. Sonic is the same, just without the pointless ass run button.

Attached: run.gif (512x448, 2.28M)

Is this dsp gameplay?

Game journos post on Any Forums?

Fucking retard.

Thought about posting this exact thing.

Are you a legit downie?

It's Sonic 1

>You know this because people will deflect and brush off its flaws as being just "skill issues."
look at this retard unable to get up a basic ass slope ahahaha

there are like 2 triangle ramps in the game and they're specifically designed for usage with the cape

meanwhile every 2 seconds you have to back up to get enough speed to go through some arbitrary railroaded bullshit in sonic, slowing down the "fast and fluid" gameplay which in every game boils down to watching sonic do shit on rails while you hold forward.

Then sonic fans defend this railroaded design as adding "replayability" when it's just watching sonic run down a slightly different preset track with the same lack of interaction. In truth Sonic's level design is built to limit player interaction all in the name of artificial "FASTEST GAME EVER" vibes which fail to manifest when the player's interactions are so occasional and slow in comparison to what's happening on screen.

If you compare the average level in mario world to the average level in sonic, you can easily see that the player must execute actions more often and faster in mario games than sonic, where you simply watch sonic run really fast and occasionally avoid something. In the end, mario is a faster more frantic game when played, and sonic is a faster game only visually.