Is healer class even necessary?

Is healer class even necessary?

Why wouldnt everyone just have potions or cakes like MapleStory did?

Who the fuck want to heal instead of focusing on killing monsters Jesus

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 23.47.15.png (694x442, 637.1K)

Stealth XIV thread? Stealth XIV thread!

i dont want to kill monster Jesus

Healers allow players to have cute female as a party member and be useful in said party. Kind of like how they make archers girls so they don't go in the frontline in combat in other RPG games.

and Khris is best healer waifu.

Attached: Khris.png (640x640, 272.16K)

Watching some bars go up vs watching some bars go down.
I don't see how healing is any more boring than damaging.

Healer class is a crutch for games that can't manage player damage input/output.

Guild Wars 1 has the best healing/support set up.

Attached: Word_of_Healing_(large).jpg (248x248, 18.53K)

Healing is the most satisfying thing in the world if you have any form of ocd or control disorder. Also if you like pattern recognition or simple calculations. It’s basically only for extreme autists.

I play all roles. I like healer just fine.

You do have your 1.0 Collector's Edition 1TP token. right?

Attached: 112314155131314.png (1568x969, 2.05M)

agreed. in FFT i always preferred Chemists simply because items are cheap (usually) and are instant to use. unfortunately items in the MMOs are crap and they don't get used often.

Potions are pretty much useless except for a mana pot for black mages to pop another flare. Wished they revamped that and remove the long ass cooldowns.

What would females play in an MMO then?

It's just another game mechanic. In WoW, it's probably the only challenge you can have in the game.

Guild Wars 2 tried to get rid of dedicated healers and it was a disaster.

Dancer.
Only need to press the dance button and the party will receive constant buffs while fighting near her character while she can walk away.

Only healing sounds really boring. I haven't played maplestory a long time but priest used to heal, dispell, give buffs, and do damage. That's how you should make a healer.

The answer from a development standpoint is that it is just way easier to design encounters with varying levels of difficulties when you use the trinity system. Games that don't have it have the challenge of balancing how damage works and there tends to me more insta kill mechanics in these kind of games for better or worse

>Who the fuck want to heal instead of focusing on killing monsters Jesus
>suggests everyone be required to stop what they're doing constantly and heal themselves
Is this bait? If so good job.

Attached: 1653535102382.png (565x564, 557.14K)

i remember there was a fight in WoW that required the healers to heal an npc to full to win the fight
thought that was a fun twist since you had to balance keeping your healers alive as well as reduce the incoming damage to the npc while as a healer you had to also give attention to the party as well

I wish I could play healer in FFXIV. Sage and Scholar look cool as fuck but I just can't get over that daunting feeling, especially in raids where you're looking after so many people. I am but a lowly, feeble minded dps.

Attached: 1497867105468.png (600x500, 89.14K)

>Heal item is spammable
>Heal item is instant and weave-able
>There's still micro-clipping because its a fucking item and there's some kind of input lag associated with consuming them

nigger healing is easy
it's just a game of whack-a-mole sprinkled with pre-emptively healing when you know big damage is coming (have a focus on the boss to see their cast times)
each job has plenty of oh shit buttons to carry your ass

>You do have your 1.0 Collector's Edition 1TP token. right?

No because I don't play shit games.