Three of my friends who said they'd NEVER play WoW again have started playing classic...

Three of my friends who said they'd NEVER play WoW again have started playing classic. Is it actually good or are they just addicts?

Attached: warcraft.jpg (1276x1637, 214.69K)

wierd shit man, there's so many good games, even playing WoW one time is too many in the grand scheme of all things.

the tabletop RPG is radical though, nice

>the tabletop RPG is radical though
Please elaborate, user.

wow classic is fine IF:
you play with friends
you play with a good guild
you like leveling
you like old dungeons
you like the familiar game that is vanilla wow or tbc

You will find a playerbase thats divided between:
>Min max gdkp faggots
>Autistic turbo ganker (pvp only)
>Bad players unfit for retail which think they are good
>Bots
>People asking you to wear tier 6 for karazhan
>People who just want to pretend like it's 2004
>The worst humanity has to offer

If you want to prepare for WOTLK it's a good time to start now because 50% extra EXP for leveling.

It's worse than even the least legitimate private servers where it counts
>laggy piece of shit servers
>disastrous management what with 100-0 faction balance servers and all that
>lack of necessary #changes while at the same time having truly disastrous changes like lazy hack implementation of batch processing for auras that in Vanilla Classic that batched or at worst double-dipped interactions that in pre-WoD retail would have been processed instantly or in separate priority queue, while TBC Classic has worst-of-all worlds implementation of arenas that's not accurate to any patch
>the worst community known to man
>you have to pay neo-Blizzard
>etc

Of course, WoW is really fugging good on numerous counts like the atmosphere and responsiveness (once they removed batch-processing completely, anyway) that even neo-Blizzard hasn't managed to ruin. However, make no mistake, everyone playing Classic is a spineless consoomer shiteater.

Attached: 1653075025765.jpg (1616x1528, 954.07K)

addicts, i speak from experience im in recovery myself. Im trying to stop myself from playing Wrath and DF.

The trick is not playing horde. I was horde back in the day too but at some point it became the cess pool team.

>If you want to prepare for WOTLK it's a good time to start now because 50% extra EXP for leveling.
do people not just buy accounts so they can get into end game content quicker?

Attached: screenshot0051.png (1879x1057, 1.84M)

>about the launch Wrath, the expansion with the least amount of content next to WoD
>killing off BC
>vanilla servers dead and on life support
Classic was good for the first month at launch and that's it. They're speedrunning this shit to the ground.

Attached: 1604481057168.png (715x657, 1M)

>responsiveness
That's the biggest difference between WoW and the rest of the MMOs. No other game feels that good to play.

>Please elaborate, user.
it's D&D

They're addicts. Classic is absolute fucking trash to anyone that has been real vanilla or TBC, the game has turned into "wow immortal" pay to win trash where everyone plays not for fun, but to impress other people with how much money they've wasted on it.

I could understand it if the server was just starting out. The game is at its peak during the first 1-2 months when everyone is just leveling and farming dungeons. If they're starting now it means they're wrathbabies preparing for their favorite expansion or they're just addicts.

I started with Nost when it was alive, then shadowlands.

Hot take, both are good for different reasons. Vanilla for a slow burn real MMO experience and retail for a jump in jump out dungeon/raid as your fantasy Sims.

It’s because your friends pull you in. Nobody runs into WoW solo. I’ve been through 3 cycles, and at this point, I’ll sound like an addict if I totally dismiss the possibility of a 4th. The only thing is that the pozzed bullshit makes it easier to either never go back or at worst go private server.

>they're wrathbabies
damn, my friend who just started playing again previously played when WOTL first dropped years ago so that's his fav expansion ofc

They are just getting hit with nostalgia, they will quit in a few weeks, if they are truly addicts they would have stayed with classic this whole time

Vanilla was good.
Me and my friend that played vanilla convinced 3 other friends try it, they all loved it.
I will say it's a lot better if you have a group of friends to play. I enjoyed it as a loner back in the day, but playing on that server with a full group of friends was way better than what I remember as a kid.

I still miss this box. Those discs sliding out in that slippery cardboard; individual cds sliding into your hands just oh so sexy. I’d fuck a Tauren to be transported back to 2004.

Classic is fine. I do however instantly lose all respect for you if you play Retail.

>I do however instantly lose all respect for you if you play Retail.
What's wrong with retail? All the soul of classic but with modern convenience

It has no soul you battered housewife