Should i emulate ds2 or just play the sotfs version?

should i emulate ds2 or just play the sotfs version?

Attached: file.png (500x675, 369.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_2XwOoo40iY&ab_channel=Candyland
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sotfs

It’s like 10 bucks
Or just pirate that shit
Just do it nigga

Emulate? Why? Just pirate the original version of Dark Souls 2, or buy it on steam if you really want to. Don't play Scholar, it ruins almost every aspect of DS2. The parts Scholar actually improves are only tiny details that happened to be more sensible, though probably unintentionally.

i'm surprised you can still buy the of version after they released the softs version. but both currently can't be played online.

Could you be any more overexaggerating ?

It made like 1/5 better, 1/5 worse (mostly enemy placements) and didnt touch the other 3/5

Servers are offline on all Souls, since cheater hacked people via invasions

Are you a retard? How is it overexaggerating? Enemy placement is like 90% of the game's design, which is a big part of what they completely ruined. Additionally, they fucked up item placement and progression, in a completely fucking stupid and unreasonable way. Plus they made a handful of absolutely brain-dead map changes.

The original is CLEARLY better. Not just a little - by a fucking landslide. Anyone that thinks Scholar "fixed" things is literally a gorilla nigger without a brain, and you can even play it with the DLCs for the expanded lore.

Scholar needs to be deleted from the internet.

I emulate vanilla on rpcs3 because its easier and more convenient. Also no risk of getting malware from a pirated pc copy.

Ok, listen here autismo, Im certainly not gonna write the next hour forth and back about how much this game apparently raped your nostalgia, since I dont value your opinion anyway and all your points are either vague as fuck or still overexaggareted to oblivion. 90% of the design ? Are you mental ? You can pass by every shit in either version. Go copy paste the youtube video you watched about this somewhere else.

OP, either way, you cant go much wrong, since this game has bigger flaws than any of the both versions do differently, but its still a great game nevertheless

Attached: 1295040715316.png (241x230, 16.72K)

>normies getting bit by the waifu love bug
yes......yyyyesssss

>The definitive version is bad because I am contrarian

dont emulate, its really unstable and full of bugs. Buy it on steam!

Scholar added the ability to scare away spiders using torches, that's a killer improvement for me nigga.

You're weirdly attached to vanilla.

>its really unstable and full of bugs
Bullshit. I have over 100 hours on rpcs3 alone and never had any issues, zero bugs and zero crashes, 60 fps all the way through. Also the PC version is still broken from the 60fps
double durability loss problem.

>!

Kill yourself , todd.

That's also in vanilla.

Not him but the petrified statues ruin it for me so I prefer vanilla.

what a shitty non committal "gotcha" post

Petrified statutes were an improvement. Made progression and exploration feel more Metroid or Resident Evil esque.

So much seethe and so little substance, typical. Being a tribal faggot doesn't minds fyi

>Petrified statutes were an improvement.
No, they weren't. They lazily blocked a few areas with retarded statues that made no sense.
>Made progression and exploration feel more Metroid or Resident Evil esque.
Having less choices of where to go and when to go made it much more linear, it sucks. Also forgot to mention the horrible green filter, scholar looks really fucking bad compared to vanilla.

Lmfao, vanilla is muddy as fuck looking. Scholar looks 10x better

>Having less choices of where to go and when to go made it much more linear,
Uncovering new areas is a strange way of calling something linear. You still have all the options available where you want to go on any playthrough, you just you can't do everything at once. Which makes progression feel more rewarding and helps replay value. Different playthroughs can feel more different than even before. You may want an item for this build, and sacrifice something else to get it. It creates more choices which is good for an adventure game like this. They aren't taking away choices. You're actually having to make choices because the fragrant branches are a limited resource and are made more important now than before.

for

Scholar completely ruined the atmosphere of the game, it adds the vomit looking green filter to the whole game and fucks with the exposure/contrast balance, it's really fucking ugly.
youtube.com/watch?v=_2XwOoo40iY&ab_channel=Candyland

Look at what they did to Heide's Tower of Flame, absolute garbage.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 537.67K)

Just play Scholar. It's really not as hard as people say. The enemies don't input read

Wow they made it look way better. How could they do that?!

Right looks better