Why is Final Fantasy VII’s translation so bad?

Why is Final Fantasy VII’s translation so bad?

Attached: ff7-thumb-retard.jpg (1280x720, 55.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsiJPoHlPqEEA07AKMQ2Hm2oRLiGkR_uJ
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/NvZ7_wtvwxEw2HBylvcIJQ/
youtube.com/watch?v=IhLGvNGOKJ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsiJPoHlPqEEA07AKMQ2Hm2oRLiGkR_uJ

Attached: 1640234695065.jpg (640x480, 145.93K)

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/NvZ7_wtvwxEw2HBylvcIJQ/
look mom I posted it again XD

Dekinai moment

>so *based?

>Kotaku

When did retard become a no-no word? It's hard to keep up with all the stupid bullshit in America

Did Sephiroth kill Aerith or was that a piece of Jenova?

They can't really defend themselves.
It's like picking on 90-year-old ladies and shit, what's the point.
That's why I just stick to calling everyone niggerfaggots.

Yeah, but nobody except complete sociopaths are bullying genuinely mentally retarded people. Typically you use it to describe the stupid actions and behavior of someone who is supposed to be of normal cognition.

Yeah. I could definitely see it taking a 10 hour youtube playlist to unfuck this pig.
youtube.com/watch?v=IhLGvNGOKJ8

Why do boomers think this is like some sacred religious text again?

VERY rushed. Square really needs to fix it. They could honestly just pay the fantranslator for his work and use it officially, then update the HD ports with it as an option.

Based.

Attached: EIpuFKcW.jpg (1536x2048, 303.26K)

what's the point of this thread being spammed every day?

I dunno, user. Lots of threads are spammed every day. Its like deja vu. Best not to worry too much about it.

ok now what about the combat?

Attached: is this it.webm (853x480, 1.76M)

Square did not care enough about overseas markets to give translators proper time and resources to do their jobs properly. Richard Honeywood talked about it on a podcast some years ago. FF7's success is what led them to overhaul their practices.
>pay the fantranslator for his work
Beacause? That shit's just a rewrite based on the English version, not an actual retranslation.

A lot of anons are desperate to become "famous"and ironic shitposting and spamming is the easiest way
>dude he just keeps posting the same thing over and over xD

>Beacause? That shit's just a rewrite based on the English version, not an actual retranslation.
For real? Fuck me that sucks.

>just a rewrite based on the English version
It started that way but turned into a retranslation.

They claim to have a translator on the team, but there's a very obvious mistake (obvious enough that I knew something was wrong with the scene as a kid) in the scene where you meet Aerith that has gone unfixed through however many revisions.

Sad.

The 90s? Fucking retard

Retard wasn't a "no-no word" in the 90s though. It was said in numerous games, including FFVII

What am I even looking at? People used to think this is a video game?