Is summoning in Dark Souls cheating...

Is summoning in Dark Souls cheating? I feel dirty because I summoned a player for the Abyss Watchers and even 2 vs 1 he nearly killed me until we stun locked him. I just winged it and won. Feels bad, I wanted to summon Sirris an NPC no clue why I got a real player there.
Alone I had gotten him to half hp once, I just needed 1 or 2 hours more but rushed it because my dad was watching me play saying I should just quit the game if I couldn't win

Attached: Abyss_Watcher_Artwork.png (1016x1022, 702.86K)

Dark souls
That's that game that nugamerz think is hard, right?

no you didn't cheat
you are however a pussy

Nah Dark Souls 3 is full of bullshit

If it's in the game, it's not cheating, unless it's an exploit but that's not intentionally in the game from the devs anyway.

lol insecure loser.

SHUT UP I PLAY DARK SOULS I'M NOT INSECURE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's fine, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're hard stuck on a boss, and even then.
I was stuck on Midir & Gael for 2 weeks and tried everything from 4 man squads to switching builds and I beat them solo eventually, felt great.

how the FUCK do you beat that 2 demon gank squad? Been getting my ass kicked for days now

I summon because I like to show off and have fun with other people. Simple as.

It's only cheating if they nuke the boss (that's my opinion, I will not force you to agree.)

Attached: 66f.jpg (680x763, 33.41K)

it's the game that soi elementals seethe about at any chance

>Cheating generally describes various actions designed to subvert rules in order to obtain unfair advantages.
There's nothing in dark souls that says you can't summon, otherwise it would not exist. Summoning is a rule made by the developers.

Attached: 43t3t3.gif (358x640, 3.48M)

The way I did it from what I recall was that I immediately rushed for the Demon in Pain (if that's the red one that always melee?) and ignored Demon from Below since he only ever spat poison and was slow.
You beat the first down and then learn demon prince, I didn't really struggle THAT much on them so I don't remember taking long enough to develop big strategies.

>Abyss LARPers
>Summoning anything at all
lmao

I was stuck on the Farrel Black Knight for 1 hour or so. The 2nd phase of the Abyss was pretty much that with flashier movements, those super knights are too hard for me

If the devs didn't want you to summon, they wouldn't have added summoning.
Personally, I don't like summoning because I don't like feeling like I got carried through a fight by someone else, but that's just my personal feeling.

If you're not confident about your reflexes or don't want to abuse Bleed/Frost, use a UGS and poise through their shit, they stagger easily and have no health at all.

No, I don't want that!

Dark Souls is not hard, summoning is not cheating. I've played all 3 of the games without summoning, with summoning (DS2's 100% requires it) and 90% of the bosses take 5 or less tries. The fact there's so much argument around summoning and difficulty surrounding the games is just retarded to me, and it's solely because Bamco and Miyazaki prop up the games as le ebin solo hardcore experiences despite DeS and DaS only being the way they were out of necessity and a shoestring budget. I can commend the fact they were able to recognize and capitalize on the winning formula that was just dropped in their laps, but honestly DaS2 being rebooted and gutted was the worst thing that ever happened to the series.

>I don't like feeling like I got carried through a fight by someone else, but that's just my personal feeling.
On the contrary, seeing Bernahl go in on the Godskin fight after finishing the Volcano Manor questline was the closest FS games have ever come to story kino. Fighting shoulder to shoulder with him against two enemies was sick as fuck, and the duo fights are chaotic and one-sided enough you never really feel carried.

he cute