Just how feasible would it to make a videogame by using these ai picture generators for assets?

Just how feasible would it to make a videogame by using these ai picture generators for assets?
And just what would the legality of this look like? Would I have to credit and pay the ai devs? Can they even prove I used their engine in case I claim I drew all the assets myself?

Attached: aigame2.png (1024x733, 613.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/B9rNqrp
openai.com/blog/dall-e-now-available-in-beta/
theverge.com/2022/2/21/22944335/us-copyright-office-reject-ai-generated-art-recent-entrance-to-paradise
twitter.com/rootport/status/1557233170348617728
twitter.com/NJSLYR/media
copyright.gov/comp3/chap300/ch300-copyrightable-authorship.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have you ever touched a game engine before?
And nearly all AI art generators have it so you own the art completely. The best on the market dalle 2 is using that model
If you have a prompt you want to try i have some dalle2 free generations left

>Have you ever touched a game engine before?
Have played around in unity making a short platformer, I don't think the programming part is really that hard but I suck at art.

Can you prompt "demonic fairy" please?

>I don't think the programming part is really that hard
Lol
And what artstyle for the fairy. They prefer when you are more specific with the prompts

Are you implying it's hard? come on, you can just import a couple libraries an glue them together.

>style
Kazuma Kaneko please.

once you are dealing with anything beyond a simple platformer its alot harder than just gluing libraries together lol
you should look at github copilot for help with that

anyway here are your fairies

Attached: fairy.png (2359x610, 1.82M)

Thanks, couple nice designs in there. Anyways I'm planing to do a turn based rpg so it shouldn't be that hard, of course I still have to put in the work but I already have a general idea on how to code most of the mechanics.

I think game design is a lot harder, not everyone can come up with a good system to make the game enjoyable.

>you own the art completely
lol no
ai generated art cannot be copyrighted, it is all public domain

Basically for any retards out there that think AI art is going to replace artists jobs, it is not. No company is going to want all the art for their game or whatever they create with it to be public domain. Anyone will be able to do whatever the fuck they want with it. Companies want to make money obviously, so artists will continue to be hired. Artists' jobs are completely secure for a while, but who knows what the future laws will be like in 50 or 100 years.

Attached: 1641499956684.jpg (655x600, 89.9K)

well don't forget the audio either, sfx is pretty hard to get right imo and is a huge deal for the feel
imgur.com/a/B9rNqrp
also here are the high res versions of those fairies
>ai generated art cannot be copyrighted, it is all public domain
wrong

>wrong
nice evidence retard

Attached: 1639420197798.png (558x491, 196.51K)

ok but can I sell and keep the money from my game? I don't care if random people make use of my shitty prompts.

Thanks. For the sound I'm thinking about dumpdiving into freesound.org

The thing with game design is that you can never get truly stuck. Everything is straightforward. It's a small-brained job.

openai.com/blog/dall-e-now-available-in-beta/
>Starting today, users get full usage rights to commercialize the images they create with DALLĀ·E, including the right to reprint, sell, and merchandise. This includes images they generated during the research preview.
theverge.com/2022/2/21/22944335/us-copyright-office-reject-ai-generated-art-recent-entrance-to-paradise
read it properly
its because he tried to have the ai own the patent, not himself

>ok but can I sell and keep the money from my game?
yes
but that user is full of shit and you can own the images just that the ai can't own them

AI "art" itself is built on the copyrighted stuff so it seems like a grey area to me. I'm sure there will be a situation, if it hasn't happened already, where the source art is pretty obvious. If you were to monetize that then you would probably run into issues over copying someone's work, even if you didn't do it knowingly.

ai art using other work as reference is the same as humans, and humans doing it is not illegal

It's very likely that the Japanese are going to start using it for VN backgrounds and splash pages for light novels.
twitter.com/rootport/status/1557233170348617728
Ninja Slayer is already experimenting with the idea.
twitter.com/NJSLYR/media

You could make a generic RPG maker game using AI generators to do all your art assets pretty easy yeah. Even if too lazy to fix them up just say the MC is depressed or something so everything looks a little off to them or whatever.

Attached: file.png (800x450, 482.97K)

I'm referring more to a situation where the image looks more like a pre-existing piece with a filter applied. Well, I guess filters is kind of how this stuff works in general, but I mean a filter where it's still really obvious what the source is and it doesn't introduce any creative elements to differentiate it.

Just put it through google image search to be sure, bro.

copyright.gov/comp3/chap300/ch300-copyrightable-authorship.pdf

read 306 and 313.2 and then off yourselves

Attached: 1629789220594.gif (267x200, 851.98K)

all you need to do is slightly edit the photo and you can copyright it
problem solved

america isn't the world and is incredibly behind the times
plenty of other countries accept that you can own things produced by AI

Google is absolutely horrendous at that, but yandex might work maybe

>I don't think the programming part is really that hard
You're going to be very successful, Ramesh.
Vishnus blessings

i want to fuck that thing

Attached: HUH in there will ya.png (237x212, 18.79K)

Based.

Attached: craiyon_234857_humanoid_female_plant.png (760x926, 744.19K)