Are these games still worth playing?

Are these games still worth playing?

Attached: Bgee_logo.png (559x561, 482.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bYoRmGHIxA4
youtube.com/watch?v=egfgFZATd5E
github.com/Sampsca/BGEE-Classic-Movies
github.com/Argent77/A7-NoEENPCs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're a queer fellow.

Attached: latest-3495555850.png (210x330, 104.81K)

Yes
Stay away from the "enhanced edition"
youtube.com/watch?v=bYoRmGHIxA4
youtube.com/watch?v=egfgFZATd5E

yes

Can you even buy the originals anymore?

>Stay away from the "enhanced edition"
Another one of these retards, lol...

Man I didn't realize they shat all over the intro too.
What a bunch of hacks beamdog were.

gog

Why would you ever play the enhanced versions over the original

Definitely. Enhanced Edition is easier to work with if you can't into computers, otherwise, the content and balance are better in the original versions.
If you want less story and more dungeon crawler combat, play Icewind Dale and its sequel. If you want an emphasis on writing and setting, play Planescape: Torment. If you want a balance, play Baldur's Gate and its sequel (though BG1 has probably aged the least well out of all these games, so you can skip to the sequel once you feel comfortable with the engine if you aren't enjoying it).
If you like CRPGs in general, then play them all in release order. They're each worth experiencing, and not just in a "historically important but miserable to play" kind of way.

Are there other changes than the opening cinematic?

Progressive aditions and a great expansion in the form of Siege of Dragonspear

I AM THE LAW

Attached: 1652135544388.jpg (360x466, 169.55K)

Why the fuck do they do this? Homeworlds remasters did this shit as well.

They added four new shitty party members iirc. I don't know if you can ignore them or not.

They did "enhanced editions" of Neverwinter Nights and Planescape as well right? Did they end up as bad or what?

You mean terrible mods that destroy the balance of the game and a terrible fanfic written by hacks for a game they had no part in?
At that point why not just install mods yourself?
At least then you can pick and choose and play dogshit like Saerileth or Shit of Dogs out of your own volition.

>Are these games still worth playing?

Attached: avatars-000651860586-zoy2cj-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 39.49K)

They are ok. Mostly the second one.

>great
it's even worse than BG1 with the forced characterization. gameplay's fine but tbdesu BG gameplay was never really great and the itemization was a bigger draw for me which the expansion was lackluster
hell I really didn't care for werewolf island, the tower/s at least had "oh dang mage shit" going on

>beamdog's gate
fuck outta here

NWN fine but worthless, shit like AI pathing is still jank and NWN was modern pc friendly as is
PST's the same as the BG games, usable but also you should probably just mod the original

You can tell them to fuck off and not have to deal with them. I remember it was buggy as fuck when it launched as well, don't recall if that was fixed though.
I think they're actually what people wanted, just versions that work right out of the box.

don't listen to this guy enhanced are just superior, they look better, are ported to bg2 engine, have more classes, let you zoom in and out, have an actually readable font and probably some other stuff
you can completely ignore any of the new companions if you want

BG1 definitely shows its age and is going to be harder to get into. BG2 is still one of the finest games ever made so long as you can get past the clunky user interface, have an understanding of the convoluted adnd rules and can accept bad balance and trap class options for what they are.

BG1 enhanced edition literally removes the charming old cinematics and replaces (some of them, the others are missing for good) with some shitty 2D art slideshow.
And you can't ignore the new companions, they are in your face and some of them force you into a dialogue.
Everyone who recommends that shit over the classic edition needs to get punched in the stomach.

>are ported to bg2 engine
This is not a good thing.
It fucks up the balancing of the entire game.

It's almost as if mods fix can that
>github.com/Sampsca/BGEE-Classic-Movies
>github.com/Argent77/A7-NoEENPCs
this guy's objectively correct though
Hell, I was even mad when Trials of the Luremaster changed IWD's engine to resemble BG2

Yep. BG1 was never meant to have some of the BG2 classes and it also changes the look of a lot of items, NPC's etc.
It was a problem with the BGT mod before the Enhanced Editions as well, but at least that still had the old cinematics and didn't force in shitty new characters.

I somehow never got into BG2 even though I finished the first one at least 3 times. Idk what is wrong with me when I tend to like dialogue heavy crpg's the most.