How come there aren't any low fantasy setting games? Getting pretty sick of the same medieval shit over and over again

How come there aren't any low fantasy setting games? Getting pretty sick of the same medieval shit over and over again.

Attached: 1660366710777636m.jpg (1024x576, 81.64K)

because you have limited knowledge of whats out there

if a herbivore becomes a zombie does it crave meat or plants?

Neither. It's a rabid animal that's only desire is to kill everything around it, if it can't find anything it lays down playing dead until some nearby activity stirs it.

wait doesn't low fantasy just mean like medieval type of ordinal stuff?

Sweet I want a new Turok with zombie dinosaurs he can do some native american vodoo magic shit to kill them or something.

It becomes super aggressive and will just want to kill anything and anyone, like an enraged bull or a perfectly calm hippopotamus.

Primal is fuckin kino. Please don't go to shit like Samurai Jack

I always interpreted low fantasy as more down to earth. High fantasy is more like Tolkein, low fantasy is more like GoT.

Low fantasy is more Conan the Barbarian/ Hyperborian Age.

that's true too, but I feel like GoT is applicable too, yeah?

SJ didn't go to shit sweetie...also the game has the new canon ending.

The Samurai Jack ending was full blown woke garbage.

no

Explain.

No, are you retarded? It's the same medieval shit Not-Lord of the Rings.

>all friends Jack has gained throughout his journey come to participate in his marriage
>woke

Oh, no, I'm not interested in the post-TV show contrarianism. I'm just telling you, objectively, GoT is more grounded than Tolkein. If you disagree you are factually wrong.

well i'm no expert, just always thought that low fantasy is more like basic medieval shit type of shit. then high fantasy more crazy magic stuff. i don't know man. it's not that important anyway

>well i'm no expert, just always thought that low fantasy is more like basic medieval shit type of shit. then high fantasy more crazy magic stuff.
Yeah that's basically the long and short of it

The fact that the show prioritized this relationship over Jack's psyche is garbage

The actual definition of low fantasy is fantasy that takes place on earth, as opposed to a fictional world. The classic example being Conan the barbarian, which is set before the ice age.
So as far as vidya low fantasy goes you got Soulcalibur, Prince of Persia, God of War etc.
A lot of people seem to get low fantasy mixed up with dark fantasy.

what the fuck do you want more? That part of the plot was finished when he regained back his sword. its like you niggers still want him to suffer

Tolkien is low fantasy. It's a fantasy setting where 99% of the people never see magical shit. There's like five wizards in the entire setting, none of which are from Middle Earth, and two of them aren't even in the story.
High fantasy is stuff like Magic: The Gathering where the place is littered with plane hopping wizards and magical shit.

Unironically Primal game when? I need more Not-Conan kino.

Attached: 1660369212535866m.jpg (1024x531, 71.04K)

Attached: 1639361845033.jpg (1280x720, 52.5K)

I don't think that'd make it low fantasy, because Tolkein engages with magic as a concept constantly. No matter what scene there will always be a fictitious set piece in the background. There will be tree ents, orcs, wizards, Sauron, or some magical force at play in 90% of scenes. Something like Game of Thrones is designed to have less magical engagement. There are still very human consequences and stories, with the occasional fantastical set piece. You still deal with knights, disease, plague, incest, stuff you'd normally see in real life. I think Tolkein is on a spectrum that leads far more towards high fantasy.

It wasn't woke by any means, but Ashi was a bland Mary Sue. First couple of episodes were great, but it went to shit fast.