Any suggestions for good (preferably older) games i can buy on steam and get lost in

i just feel burnt out with modern gaming and want to return to my roots. just got off of a 2 day Spore bender and i want to get into more nostalgic late 2000s games. Any suggestions?

Attached: image_2022-08-13_181603022.png (236x214, 72.47K)

late 00's were the worst time for vidya, there's barely anything good from that period
I guess go play Mass Effect or Dragon Age Origins or Mountain Blade or something

Max Payne hands down. No other game has an atmosphere that just pulls you in like it.

Bully. Rogue Trooper. C&C Geneals.

Terraria scales in enjoyment with how depressed and looking for escapism you are

guess im suicidal because i have 1000+ hours in Terraria

Not from the late 2000s but Hypnospace Outlaw, it's a weird late 90s internet sim but it has a lot of charm.

That or FATE, just for something simple and cozy. I hear the sequels are good but haven't tried them myself yet.

What games do you like?

Kenshi is really good in getting lost in, and has a mid 2000 aesthetic.

Attached: capsule_616x353 (1).jpg (616x353, 60.02K)

I can't think of anything.

Survival games, sometimes RTS, im down for anything that isnt a Telltale games style story thing like the walking dead or Detroit become human.

not late 00's, come the fuck on

Fuck you

Attached: Fate_Coverart.png (256x363, 192.99K)

Terraria is '11 which is close enough

Have you ever heard of google?

Outcast is a really brilliant Zelda like sci-fi game from 1999. That version is sadly pretty ugly and unplayable today. Luckily a remake, Outcast - Second Contact was released in 2017. Exact same game but with vastly updated graphics.

Attached: XO81bpOmmO9Rs9APRkDzlf6I1SUs5eAm.png (1024x1024, 2.06M)

Alpha Protocol

Dragon's Dogma or VTM:B if you want to role play.

EverQuest Project 1999. That isn't on Steam, but I can't think of a game that fits your request more other than it being early 2000s rather than late 2000s. It's pretty much designed to disappear into.

>late 00's were the worst time for vidya
You may have thought that at the time, but the sad reality is It was 100 times better then than it is now

absolutely and utterly incorrect
there's a fuckload of fun games to play now, and more options to emulate older stuff if you want as well

What makes it like Zelda user? Somewhat curious.