How important is an English dub for Japanese games?

How important is an English dub for Japanese games?
Pic related for example didn't have an English dub unlike other modern Atelier and still managed to sell more.

Attached: d4839442c0d610a02328423e7a3494c4.jpg (900x1200, 228.35K)

insignificant, the people who want english dubs don't even play these types of games anyway

do people actually use dubs in niche anime games?

The only thing english dubs do is make it so that gameplay vids on youtube will sometimes have the english voices on and you have to close the tab really fast and might end up puking a little anyways

PHONEFAGS

Probably less important since even normies are getting used to subbed content more than ever.
With niche anime games the english dub is just an added expense that has absolutely no potential gain from a financial standpoint.

i dont understand why they even bother with eng dubs. It never sounds right and always comes off awkward and unnatural

A lot of normalfag retards say they love dubs but would they not play the game without one? I really don't know.

Japanese voices are more important in games where action happens during dialogue. Anything with textboxes you click through manually doesn't require it since you can read the dialogue very easily. However in action games it becomes much harder to read the subtitles during gameplay so having English voices becomes more useful.

relevant to the publisher if a game wants to sell
irrelevant to the player if you're not a secondary

Don't care, they should spend their budget on more important things

Gosh i wish one day i could literally wake up having the body of Riza!

Attached: 1654618200488.jpg (850x876, 178.56K)

*increases your sales even more*

Attached: 1660126645791832.jpg (1024x575, 85.21K)

Why are you so ashamed of your own language?

>saying this in a board full of ESLs

It's only important for normalfags. Like bro, you like weebshit but don't like hearing anime characters speak Japanese? Come on, man.

Most English dubs aren't very good so I'd rather them not exist at all

More

Not at all because The Jap voices are part of the anime experience.
I think the entire world is accustomed to subtitles now anyway. Even mutts are reluctantly getting there.

For Gust games, wholly irrelevant. The audience they cater to would probably renounce their native language for a chance to fuck the MCs in theirs. They're also both budget enough in development and priced at a premium so they can sell 10 copies and break even.

Nope, Ryza gets a little thicker with each copy of her games sold. The era of Sticctelier is dead.

if you dont watch media in its original language then you are getting an altered experience.

Attached: blacked_3627eda966e5eb25c96eea286867c838de470718.jpg (1191x1684, 514.88K)

I'll occasionally play with dubs on. It's a very unique experience. Liked you're playing a different game.

user, I...
Atelier 2 sold way less than 1, the thicc meme is dead...