Is this the most soulful game ever made, objectively speaking?

Is this the most soulful game ever made, objectively speaking?

Attached: Max Payne.jpg (300x355, 81.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hzA-lZq-31c?t=48
twitter.com/AnonBabble

define most soulful first, then we can talk about objectively speaking

>define most soulful first

When developer capability hits the perfect sweetspot with developer intent and becomes something more than the sum of both of them together.

That's soul.

>Max Payne 1 & 2
soul

>Max Payne 3
soulless

That's a cute opinion. Did a Youtuber give it to you?

*Quicksave*

Not quite....

youtu.be/hzA-lZq-31c?t=48

There, now it's maximum soul.

Attached: Masu Painu.png (1046x531, 651.57K)

*enemies start tanking 2 shotgun shots at point blank range*

Too bad the last few levels get really retarded. That James Bond villain lair was so stupid and out of place. I like that 2 and 3 were more down to Earth

No, I played them, kid.

Nah, but it's a damn good one, and the sequel is even better.

Attached: TG.jpg (275x183, 3.56K)

>Too bad the last few levels get really retarded.
Filtered by Valkyr.

>I like that 2 and 3 were more down to Earth
But that over the top style worked with 1 and had thematic importance since it was dressed in a way that worked with the game's themes and played into them.

>Game can't afford actual models and actors for cutscenes
>Ends up using game devs, game devs family and game devs friends
>Ends up becoming even better because of it.

Tell me Any Forums, If this isn't soul, then what is?

Attached: 1649979647367.jpg (279x489, 96.37K)

SUOMI FINLAND PERKELE

Resident Evil 2 (original)

One of the best for sure

Zoomer here, anything I should know before playing? I'm going in almost completely blind

Attached: 1629765879435.png (1053x59, 4.42K)

So is it even more soulful if the devs just do the voice lines themselves like in even older games?

I've heard that the game straight up wont run on some modern AMD CPUS but i don't know.

You are meant to use the quick save and quick load a lot. That's why the loading is optimized to be so slick.

Not as good as Max Payne 2, the platforming levels are actual garbage and in 2 there's more context and better storytelling for those dream scenarios

The Steam version has audio sync issues, look for a fix if the cutscenes feature no sound in them since the narration is a crucial part of the experience. Other than that, Max Payne 1 can be nasty in terms of enemy placement and has the roughest gameplay in the series, quicksave often and get used to reloading.

I have my own soulful favourite

Attached: 224-224279.jpg (1024x768, 66.8K)

>So is it even more soulful if the devs just do the voice lines themselves like in even older games?

You've missed the point of soul. Soul is when the limits of the creation process transcends it and becomes something more. The perfect example is the original Evil Dead. Which was shot in a remote cabin with nobody Bruce Campbell in the lead role, and the budget limits didn't make the film worse, it made it better.-