Can we all just take a minute to realize just how much good Nintendo is doing for the industry right now?

Can we all just take a minute to realize just how much good Nintendo is doing for the industry right now?

Look at where we are with modern gaming:

>AAA titles have nothing to show, no new innovative games being made

>era of impressive graphics for consoles is over as we keep getting more and more diminishing returns

>No new competitors entering the gaming hardware space, those that try either scam backers or never make enough funding

>current competitors 2 years in have no games and are still difficult to get, making huge acquisitions with no games from said acquisitions in sight, fighting one another over exclusives

And then there's Nintendo, still doing their thing, still making fun games and chugging along even though the so called Masterrace pirates their stuff. Survived their near demise with the initial 3DS release and the whole Wii U era. Surviving government made and backed population control tactics, shrugging off cyrptofaggot chip buyers, inspiring others to push the industry forwards well give people what they want like the Deck.

Can we please just give Nintendo the appreciation they fucking deserve? Gaming wouldn't be here without them.

Attached: sw.png (776x434, 719.12K)

Snoy thread

No, they legit saved gaming, raised generations of gamers, and are the only ones keeping our fucking hobby alive.

Attached: ye16txnvidx11.jpg (2048x1536, 219.87K)

They've been churning out gimmicks for the last 15+ years. I can't remember a single good game produced by Nintendo after 2007. They're just as bad as Sony and M$ while giving you less for your money.

Nah, I'm not dicksucking a corporation that delves into the same garbage anrti-consumer practices and bad game design ethics as everyone else.

>encourages games being a full 60 dollars, and are salivating at the chance of charging 70 dollars once sony normalizes it (remember when nintendo would never charge for online because only greedy westerners do that? lol)
>sells DLC and amiibo exclusive content ontop of that
>horrific online infrastructure
>terrible "you will own nothing" rental services, that strip you of your purchases even if you bought the games in full
>hardware is abysmal and prone to failure, like so many drifted joycons
>actively partaking in making bland movie games like Xenoblade, ruining even good games like Metroid with their desire to be marvel
>everyone of their fans applaud the lack of optimization, like Metroid Dread suffering from massive loading times, and Xenoblade+Zelda suffering from abysmal framerate drops

If you want me to give them some accolades, then I'll give them praise for not being afraid to make cutesy games with colorful aesthetics, instead of everything being realistic and gritty all the time. That's it, though. I will not praise them supporting cancerous JRPGs that are more cutscene than game, nor will I defend games that sell on gimmicks like disgusting sex fanservice.

I hate sony and microsoft even more for basically allowing Nintendo to get this bad, because they're glorified scapegoats that fans can point at and say "LOOK THEY'RE WORSE, SO WE GET TO BE JUST AS BAD". It's pitiful.

Attached: 1525988792694.webm (746x420, 2.69M)

You shut your goddamned mouth, you useless broccoli head zoomer fuck.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 243.51K)

None of the big 3 have done anything good since the Wii/PS3/360 gen

preach sister

Attached: 12732173.png (876x454, 268.98K)

The only thing I agree with is the online infrastructure, but I believe that is the way it is to combat piracy somehow. Everything you listed is subjective. I've never had an issue with my OG Switch joycons, or with newer ones I've bought. Maybe if Americans weren't so fucking fat, their fat fucking fingers wouldn't ruin everything they touch.

Oh yeah, you really caught me. I'm a 34 year old zoomer.

>an entire segment dedicated to jerking themselves off
Nintendo's self-fellating nostalgia has only been getting worse and worse with each passing year

Attached: 82992643_p0.png (670x590, 78.68K)

>but I believe that is the way it is to combat piracy somehow.
Yes, let's combat piracy by punishing paying customers who bought your products and want to transfer their purchases to future consoles.

Fun games are a thing of the past, we need cinematic experiences about teenage lesbians and their feelings.

I wish all the indie stuff on it (or the Deck) ran on a smartphone instead. Far more useful device and can easily run those games. Phones still have large libraries, but they're incomplete. Like not all Devolver games on iOS, or Hollow Knight is missing.

This is what's plaguing the modern industry. It's why I hate cinematic experiences like Dragon Quest and Yakuza. Story heavy games belong in the trash can.

OoT was sub 20 fps. FZero X was 60 fps.
BotW is sub 30 fps. MK8 Deluxe is 60 fps.

You act like all Nintendo games before the Switch were 60 fps. A lot of it has to do with the type of game and the optimization.

Hell even the Deck can only do stable 30, with the option to increase performance at the expense of battery.

You can thank nintendo for the deck and portable gaming in general.

If they can hit 60 FPS, they should be hitting it with every game, including their star players. That just makes it worse, because it shows that they're lazy. Stop asking me to spend 60 bucks per game, if you can't gave me 60 FPS.

>even the Deck
Stop. I don't support the deck, and I don't care about Valve's soon-to-be abandoned POS. That's just you deflecting via a whataboutism.

There's a lot of BS in this post, but more than anything I hate when people pretend not to know what "movie game" means. It's always fucking Sony fags.

Tell me the difference a movie game like Xenoblade, and a movie game like TLOU. Here's how I see it:

>both only care about delivering a wacky cinematic experience
>spend WAY too much money on cancerous things like voice acting and CGI cutscenes
>will have entire sections dedicated to just having the player listen to dialogue
>(the most crucial one) fans will refuse to play either game unless they're being entertained by garbage shat out by hollywood rejects)

You can entertain me all day about how the games actually have gameplay, so technically they're not movie games. I'll just laugh at that claim, because you don't like the gameplay. You hate it so much that you can't imagine even touching the game without your precious cinematics always being in your face. That's why your "w-what about the 100+ hours of gameplay" bullshit falls flat. Unless you'd enjoy that gameplay straight through, without even a single cutscene, then you hate the gameplay and you're just being disingenuous. True gameplay enthusiasts feel utter disgust at the centrists trying to push cutscenes as if they're a good thing, as if they deserve to exist alongside actual gameplay.

Attached: 1657262453307.webm (854x480, 2.99M)

I played a couple hours of Dragon Quest on my 3DS last night and it was amazing how dated it felt. The Switch has to be one of the biggest leaps forward in gaming taken in the last 20 years or so, and the thing is 5 years old.

The only good thing I have to say about Nintendo is that they are actually still making games.

Everything else sucks though.
>underpowered shit hardware with stick drift
>paid online when their service is trash quality wise
>sub for playing old games on bad emulators
>more and more shit business practises like dlc, amiboo, artificially limiting games (mario collection), censorship
The list goes on.

Gameplay is bigoted. Some people don't have hands so they can't play video games, we should only be making games that can be beaten by slapping your face against the controller. Or preferably the game should just play itself.

>tell me the difference a movie game like Xenoblade, and a movie game like TLOU
The difference is that something like Xenoblade has long segments of gameplay broken up by occasional cut scenes. With movie games it's like the entire thing is on rails and you're just watching a movie while occasionally being prompted to push forward on the joystick to walk down a hallway or do some QT crap in a big set piece.

Yeah, I love that they ported botw and mk8... and uhhh, they ported hyrule warriors too...
OH and they made mario odyssey... and... uh... you know... yeah...
I would just like to thank them for making the switch so weak I can play the games on my computer

Attached: ryujinx_capture_2022-04-06_05-06-08 (2).jpg (1743x1770, 1.76M)

>The difference is that something like Xenoblade has long segments of gameplay broken up by occasional cut scenes.
Quick time events and autobattling don't count as gameplay, otherwise I'd have to consider God of War to be a video game, and I'd sooner step on a lego than do that.

pic related is considered to be 100% gameplay by the way.

Attached: grand design.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

>True gameplay enthusiasts feel utter disgust at
austism.

>yes, just accept games being made lower quality and spending all their time and effort into being glorified movies
>go to sleep

Attached: 1659456391472365.webm (720x404, 2.68M)

Holy shit! Is that that a battle animation when you do a special move? IN A JRPG!!?
>this is considered to be 100% gameplay
No it isn't, and special move animations have mostly been skippable since the fucking 90's.

>Nintendo is always about gameplay, only westerners would be okay with games having humongous and unnecessary cinematics
>um.... except for this time, it's now okay and you have to like it or else you hate fun!

Hypocrite.

Nice bait thread, miyamoto. Nintendo will go the way of the dodo as emulation because easier and more accessible to everyone. I hope you Nintendodrones enjoy paying for a shitty inferior product that I get for free along with more customisability and mod support at the click of my mouse.

Pretty much.

You're either really stupid, haven't read the thread, or (more likely) just pretending to not understand how cutscenes are different from movie game shit like

Tlou isn't a movie game, try playing it. I hate the game and I don't care to defend it but it just makes you sound like a retard.

And it seems that you don't understand the whole point of my post, which is that both are bad, and you objectively have no argument in favor of them. Why does your "amazing game" need disgusting cinematics?

>um because I need lore and worldbuilding and context
AKA you hate gameplay. You're no different from people who praise GOW and TLOU and other bland movie games. There is NO difference between and They are both non-gameplay. There are no degrees of good or bad here. They are ALL bad. No argument. No exceptions.

Attached: GOW '''''''''gameplay'''''''''.webm (962x540, 1.78M)

yuck was that animated by Chinese people? It's so lifeless and stiff.