Next Xbox Game Pass Ultimate upgrade will make your gaming PC redundant

techradar.com/news/next-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-upgrade-will-make-your-gaming-pc-redundant

>When the expanded service does launch, it could be a game-changer. The titles mentioned above are some of the biggest releases of the last few years, and having the option to play them through the cloud makes them far more accessible to PC gamers. You won’t need a top-of-the-line rig kitted out with the best graphics card to play them. Instead, you can purchase the games for console, redeem them through your Microsoft account, and start streaming on any old rusty PC. That’s potentially a big saving.

Attached: 1648346490516.png (630x931, 462.34K)

The cloud is cancer.

>Playing games through the cloud
>On current infrastructure
lol

I live in Namibia so nope

you cant get cancer from a server dude

>current
microsoft is making sure they get in early so that when game streaming becomes actually viable they will already have a platform

I will never play cloud games.

I love input lag

Oh yeah, OnLive is thriving right now since they got in early.

microsoft will still be here years from now user theyre not going anywhere

Xcloud will never replace my PC. Never!

Steam Link taught me streaming games over your network is shit, especially if your wifi isn't top grade.

Now
>Xbox Game Pass overs streaming!
Later
>New releases are exclusive to Xbox Game Pass
Much later:
>New release are exclusive to Xbox Game Pass Streaming.

I was actually really surprised with the quality of PC Game Pass. Certainly worth it the price. You can renew your subscription for $1 a month. Many games are added every month.

paid content

but it NEEDS the power of the cloud. Your puny 3090ti couldn't possibly play it.

I was actually really surprised with the quality of PC Game Pass. Certainly worth it the price. You can renew your subscription for $1 a month. Many games are added every month.

Ok shill

I hate how Any Forums is just shill threads and unironic shilling to their fucking blogs or websites, not even posting an archived version.

Attached: 1521957061184.jpg (480x405, 19.11K)

I wish I was a shill. Just sharing my experiences.

>He only uses his PC for playing games

Attached: 1365979861993.jpg (280x280, 13.65K)

You will eat ze bugs, you will own nothing be unhappy.

Issue is, "early" doesn't matter. We need improvements to infrastructure, and ISPs have been, and will continue to block those improvements at EVERY turn, the world over. Many places have started pushing past them because internet is obviously a critical part of modern life, but there are still holdouts, chiefly the USA and China. They both still have very mediocre and low quality cable lines. And considering those are (some of) the highest profit areas for most game studios, they focus on, and prioritize games and systems with those regions in mind.

Maybe in another 10 years, it will be worth revisiting, but right now, and in the foreseeable future, there's 0% chance of major infrastructure changes in either the USA or China, and as such, cloud streaming will never take off. It simply isn't viable with low speed lines.

Same. Ever since I bought gamepass my back problems disappeared and I get better erections.

Attached: 4IX3Hrc.jpg (800x662, 155.1K)

Geforce now is great

>having positive experiences with a product is now shilling

why do they let people title their articles this way?

What do you gain from ostracizing over 40 million players?

Nah my steam link works really good.

Attached: 1658509295119124.gif (440x248, 906.9K)

I dont see why streaming games is being pushed in the first place. Its not like anyone owns games anyway, and most anyone can download games pretty quickly these days.

>stream
stopped reading there
its shit

Typical autist Any Forumseddit poster with an IQ of 69 taking everything literally while not knowing what literally means.

Because it completely removes modding and other editing of game files out of people's hands. The idea is to eventually make it so streaming is the ONLY way to play games, so they have complete control, even in single player games, to stop people from doing anything they may not like. Won't even be able to datamine.

can't wait for games to be cloud+subscription only so you can't even pirate
in fact just owning a machine capable of running anything but a closed platform software front end will be phased out (for environmental reasons of course)

Attached: unable.jpg (360x413, 30.39K)

View TechRadar for more gaming news.

Control.
Modders can't add content if they can't access the game. You'll have to buy DLC.
People still playing the old game and you want them to buy the newest release? Make streaming the old versions suck and claim the low amount of players means they get low priority on the servers.
No private servers either. If they want to take the game down so you're forced to play the new stuff, they just can. You don't have access to the data so you can't set up your own solutions.

There many unfounded fears of Game Pass. It is understandable , but a good deal. You won't regret it.

>streaming games
here we go again

I've tried all these cloud services. They're all blurry & laggy even on top tier fiber.

this. dont let them take your PC bro's. once they get everything in the cloud we lose everything. no mods, no cheats, no free speech, etc

Kill yourself Rajeesh.

Attached: 1642622169695.png (877x874, 191.12K)

More bullshit. GamePass is just indieshit. There are maybe five games worth playing.

Not in my experience. It has improve in recent years. It is even better than non-streaming game. Incredible.

See, I like gamepass every like 6 months, I'll get a month, play some stuff, but they remove stuff with such regularity that I can't justify it. I was enjoying playing the yakuza games then they removed them, so I unsubbed, and realized it just isn't worth staying subbed.

Yeah they are already prepping this with articles coming out about gaming PCs not being green enough. The true blackpill is that theres nothing anyone can do to stop it.