Is the Kingdom Hearts series any good?

Is the Kingdom Hearts series any good?

Attached: kh_trailer_still_img (1).jpg (1920x1080, 273.56K)

its kino

Attached: 1658135202099596.png (800x785, 787.35K)

can you keep up with Nomura's ever inreasing autism?

Attached: killme.jpg (500x2500, 1006.75K)

In my opinion, there are more okay/bad games than good ones in the series. Overall it is dropping in quality with each new entry. That said, KH1, CoM, and KH2 are the best ones. I also heard Re:Coded is really good but can't confirm that myself.

ignore the story

Yes, but NPCs will pretend like everything after KH2 is bad because they got filtered by pic related, like these NPCs right here:

Attached: KH3D_Euro_Cover.jpg (300x270, 47.85K)

No

Attached: 1652572606880.webm (960x540, 1.41M)

DDD was fine for the most part, but bringing back Xehanort and Org.13 was a mistake imo. It was kind of neat fighting Young Xehanort with time travel powers and Julius as a secret boss. Now that I think about it, some the worlds were pretty good too. But still, it was just an ok game for me. BBS felt the same. 358/2 Days wasnt that great becuase of how repetitive the missions and bosses were, but the gameplay was otherwise alright. Also it was cool to co-op as Org.13 characters.

Try them out.

Attached: IqDq97f.webm (900x506, 2.94M)

None of this is remotely hard to follow until you get to the time travel shenanigans.

Play KH 1 and 2 if you liked 1 and not 2 stop here and don't bother with the rest of the series
If you liked KH2's gameplay play Birth by Sleep and that's it

>BBS being anything like KH2
What the actual fuck. BBS is sluggish as fuck and nowhere near as mechanically well developed as KH2. The actual recommendation would be 358/2 Days but no one seems to like that game for some reason.

The time travel isn't that complicated either
>Ansem SoD goes back into the past and tells YX to go to the future
>YX does as he's told
>Ansem stays in that time era for a long time, waiting
>Sora and Riku go to the past
>Org XIII intercepts the duo
And that's where the rest of the game plays out with its basic Disney worlds. It's not that complicated.

It's not, but it's the only point where I would actually understand if someone got confused. The rest is just a refusal to actually pay attention to what's happening on screen. Unsurprisingly the same people that say KH is just a button masher because it's a viable strategy on lower difficulties.

1 is simple gameplay and story but makes up for it with charm.
2 is more satisfyingly complex gameplay but story becomes more convoluted and loses a lot of the charm of the original.
Everything after this is gimmicky combat and even more convoluted stories.
Just play 1 and 2

>>Sora and Riku go to the past
That's exactly the part where it got complicated because they don't just travel in the past, they also travel back to the future contradicting the time travel rules of Young Xehanort

The series suffered from being on handheld for like a decade but most of the games are usually fun.

Depends on if you like the combined melodrama of anime and Disney. Some people are moved by it, other find it utterly retarded.

Attached: tumblr_pq99d9RpJk1wdk6sho1_640.png (620x439, 179.64K)

fpbp

Attached: 1489471974.png (727x1091, 816.45K)

khbros...

Attached: The Chosen Keyblade.webm (700x388, 2.87M)

Stop after 2.