Is there a game that can teach me Mahjong?

Is there a game that can teach me Mahjong?
But you know, the proper one not "video game Mahjong"

Attached: unnamed (2).jpg (900x900, 90.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong_solitaire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the game you're looking for is Mahjong, can buy it at some asian stores

Don't. You'll regret it

Why? Is the real one that awful to play?

I mean I can't say that I enjoyed Go or Shogi for example, but I'm always willing to try new stuff.

Attached: 1556485595058.png (1060x1080, 783.8K)

Gateway to losing your soul.

Okay here I offer you my soul, now tell me how to learn it.

Attached: soul.jpg (640x360, 48.19K)

Just go through a tutorial on something like MahjongSoul. It'll run you through basics. The rest comes with time.

there are two kinds of "video game mahjong" that are known in the west and you probably still want one if you're asking here
>mahjong solitaire, the bullshit "puzzle" game
>riichi aka jap mahjong
neither of these are played irl unless you're in japan or live among japs
if you want to learn "real" mahjong you can search for Hong Kong mahjong. HK is the basic form that most other variants are based on and is still the most commonly recognized version internationally. last i checked, it was easiest to find as a browser game. yahoo used to have it in their games portal but i think they shut that down.

>neither of these are played irl
Wrong. There are a bunch of riichi clubs in major cities in almost every country

Just watch some youtube video tutorials and start playing mahjong soul. You'll never understand how to play it if you don't get your feet wet. My suggestion - never open your hand. It will only complicate things as a new player.

play something else

Attached: 1464184943243.png (278x263, 62.5K)

You should play american mah jongg instead. Remember to buy the new rulebook every year

>game that can teach me Mahjong
>not "video game Mahjong"
Define "video game Mahjong".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong_solitaire

desu tenhou changed the way people play riichi mahjong by fuckload, tldr; video game mahjong is about getting to riichi asap

Attached: 1527741652386.jpg (491x331, 33.64K)

oh, the solitare. And in the other sense I take it that you want to learn Riichi(jap) Mahjong right?
I take it that you want just the basics.
With some data to memorize around.
I have an idea.
Can you read nip? Into a VN?
Or
Do you want to read a book?
Or
Or do you just want a free field? Where to experiment?

oh, this cannot be changed unless you really want to get into RiichiM.
It's about keeping your fundamentals all the way to becoming actually good then it's a game based on mindfucking the others which does take also several matches to figure out thanks to luck being always present.
If you're a beginner you don't really need to have yourself bothered with this.
The best alternative is finding a ciclejerks and keeping the people from having boring playstyles.
In the end if you get good the geniune instant-riichi playstyle gets easier to read as you keep playing. Otherwise someone is setting an expectation to have you deceived into thinking that tha would be their playstyle.

>make a best girl
>she's a secondary character

Attached: __kunihiro_hajime_saki_drawn_by_kurasaki_shin_ya__b2e2b566ddb5f96875f1f1038206bf88.jpg (750x770, 242.77K)

Is there really no good single player Mahjong game with cute girls? Like the old PC98 strip mahjong games?

Attached: nanja - original_5778146.jpg (2048x1448, 315.95K)

Why would you want to play mahjong against bots?

To learn and practice a bit before going to MahjongSoul

Not him but the old strip poker games were fun and felt way more rewarding than normal poker.

So yeah I figure that being the case for Mahjong too.

You can play against AIs in mahjongsoul

I want VN segments with cute girls after