Game engine developer Unity signs lucrative contract with US Defense

BETTER MILITARY SHOOTYS SOON!

BATTLEFIELD 3.0!

pcgamer.com/game-engine-developer-unity-signs-lucrative-contract-with-us-defence/

Attached: 435345.png (750x751, 311.68K)

>signs contracts with literal malware company
>signs contracts with the military
I like where this is going.

why is unity trying to kill itself recently

Tim is literally shaking

>Unity makes a joint venture with Chinese tech giant
>Then it wins contacts in US

Is the US DOD retarded? Literally giving away info for the Chinese

Attached: 0FC38711-2041-4380-BFEF-77E303D92EE3.jpg (371x640, 85.71K)

Loading the next battle! 3+ minutes!

Attached: loading.jpg (1920x1080, 262.11K)

China own 40% so of course the US government won't prop them up like they do Microsoft and Amazon

>recently
Their CEO used to run EA

On Unity?
Welp, they are dead.

Finally time for a new System Shock.

Doesn't Unity have Chinese investors?

Unreal is a tool of the CCP.

>human machine interfaces or HMI for aerospace applications and beyond
they're going to have to avoid the garbage collector entirely to make this "robust" as they put it. jet pilots - humans who can spot an enemy aircraft model shown for 1/500th of a second - aren't going to put up with a training simulator that stutters during a critical high G maneuver.

that's a potential upside to this. Unity might put some work into an ACTUAL solution to on the fly garbage collection, a truly incremental or even asynchronous garbage collector that NEVER holds up the action.

Every game I've played on Unity has been shittily optimized in one way or another. It can't be only the game developers' fault, just saying.
And now they are tanking their reputation, REAL smooth here

Begun, teh hax wars have

Literally can compile it from source.

c4 engine coming soon

Attached: 245245245.jpg (1360x920, 291.16K)

Sounds like they decided to max sell-out.
Not that surprising since they've consistently made little money for years going by their financial reports.

>implying anyone has ever gone through all of those lines
There's something hidden in there

you only notice the shitty games because shitty devs don't pay for a license so they are forced to show the Unity splash logo. Good games made in unity have the sense to hide the fact that they are made in Unity.

No real reason to go with Unity anymore unless you're already stuck in that eco-system.
Anything high-end 3D benefits from running Unreal.
Anything 2D or low-end 3D benefits from Godot.
Really the only thing Unity has is the asset flip store. (and for indies slightly easier porting due to Godot's licensing restrictions)

unreal is really ONLY useful for high-end, there is no way to make unreal engine run for low spec gpu's like gtx 1050, so the engine is a no-go for me. i think it's their rendering pipeline or so, even disabling literally every feature i can find doesn't help.
when it comes to godot it feels like the engine has not stable releases and everything is experimental. also it is completely unsure how the future of godot will go.
so for me right now it's either unity for enginedev.

Unity really became a no-go for me when they sold out to malware devs.
I already hated the hub-shit and overt spying.

if you're considering enginedev then godot might actually be an option. it's open source so you could use it as the starting point for your own engine, right? maybe not. maybe that would prevent you from using it commercially? but then the whole point of godot is to be used commercially so I doubt they have a clause like that. you might be forced to make your fork of the engine open source as well but that's not a bad thing imo.

otherwise I agree with your assessments. I really hope engineChads will fix godot so I can switch to it from Unity. currently I cannot justify that move as I am NOT looking to become an enginedev.

It'd quite heavy, very solid and beautiful looking from the start but aside from requiring power, the engine file grows fast

Reminder that Unity has never been a profitable company.

Welcome to all modern publicly traded companies.

>unreal is really ONLY useful for high-end, there is no way to make unreal engine run for low spec gpu's like gtx 1050, so the engine is a no-go for me. i think it's their rendering pipeline or so, even disabling literally every feature i can find doesn't help.
You have no idea what you are talking about

>>signs contracts with literal malware company
Explain

Examples?