How would another one go nowadays? Would you want it?

Attached: smash-bros-fighter-ballot-2.png (682x384, 360.68K)

I for one would be very interested in the outcome of a ballot released now that Nintendo is actually in the mainstream eye, unlike the first

Attached: 1660268144159390.png (632x474, 422.36K)

It'd absolutely be dominated by third party shit like Crash, Master Chief, Doomguy, Dante, etc

Waluigi also for the memes

Attached: smash hierarchy.png (2160x2208, 3.08M)

>Sakurai featuring any meaningful Kirby content from a game he didn't direct
Nice one

considering this ended up being a scam, no

It wasn't tho. On top of Bayonetta, K. Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, Castlevania duo, Banjo Kazooie and Sora were all explicitly said to be added because of the ballot.

Really, Dark Samus? She's one of my favorites but I can't believe she was more popular than the likes of Porky or Geno.

Attached: chibi dark samus chair.png (223x191, 21.75K)

Sakurai said so back in August 2018. To be fair she also only got in because she could be a simple echo, same thing with Chrom. If they had to be unique, no way they would of made it.

>this ballot was responsible for banjo and sora, the worst of the worst getting into what was meant to be the ultimate smash game
No.

some e-celebrity would cry about how some character nobody ever heard of needs to be in smash and their fans would autistically shit up the internet with that character. Same thing that happens with minecraft mob contests

I can't even imagine how cancerous it'd be with nu-internet, imagine the fucking fanboys screeching about how we need hollow knight in smash, making shitty memes about it, treating it like a serious political movement, then crying when he doesn't win and claim it's rigged. And there'd be communities doing this for 50 different characters: geno, waluigi, ashley, and a million shitty indie games. It'd basically be the autistic banjo fags turned up to 11

So what your saying is, Reimu would win another ballot

Attached: reimu dab.png (253x253, 4.35K)

Oh, you know what would be a fun way to do it next time? Fan art contest!

Doesn’t matter. There are barely any icons left, and if they aren’t a sword / arcade fighter, the devs are inept at making cohesive move sets (from a gameplay perspective).

I think it's telling that Sakurai and Co. needed to be told the likes of K. Rool and Prime representation were sought after
Ever since Smash 4 it seems Sakurai prioritizes new releases, not considering there's several widely beloved characters from times past not yet in

>Would you want it?

I dont see why. The next smash game is gonna be revamped anyway and I think it's better if the devs get their desgin freedom in this one.

My man was robbed

Attached: file.png (1000x800, 557.16K)

doomguy would win

I keep reading this and it can't help but come across like wishful thinking. Getting back Everyone every single time is of course not sustainable, but Ultimate sold as much as it did because it went for broke on characters. So even if there's a lot of cuts, there's no doubt in my mind they'll aim to keep the roster huge.