17 years later still the best JRPG of all time

>17 years later still the best JRPG of all time

How did they do it?

Attached: talesoftheabysscover.jpg (640x906, 149.51K)

Final Fantasy 7 is better

Attached: FinalFantasy7.jpg (1368x900, 953.58K)

The first one want to play after I finish the ones that are on steam.

Story wise gameplay wise and content wise it's a really stellar game. I was probably most attached to these characters than any other tales game even symphonia

Being the best at something only matters when it's a competition. The best JRPG? It's like getting gold in the special olympics.

I mean Vesperia triumphs it in many ways, though I liked the narrative and characters in Abyss more and I like how in Abyss you actually get a shitty protagonist who learns, and for once the main cast doesn’t kiss the protagonist’s ass all the time.

Ahem…

Attached: ToX2-Box-Art-JP.jpg (843x978, 248.97K)

Go away faggot
All your threads suck
None of this shit is good

Wow last time I heard that joke I fell off my hoverboard because time is cyclical

>10 year old boy who did nothing wrong gets blamed for a FUCKING GENOCIDE and abandoned by his "friends"
>later said "friends" bully him until he submits and becomes a doormat, because he has no one else to turn to
>this is presented as a good thing and "character development"

WTF is wrong with Japanese people?

Tear

Attached: Et8ABSKU0AUUqUS.jpg (1000x1250, 346.64K)

Well it's true. The special olympics are for retards, who are not smart or capable to perform in the actual olympics. JRPGs, or RPGs as a whole, are video games that are not good or well-designed enough to be considered as just games. They are often given a separate category, just like the special olympics is separate from the olympics.

DEMON FIST TIGER BLADE LIGHTINING TIGER BLADE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
NOW.....YOU......DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>he thought Tales of Abyss was going to end 3 times before it did

Attached: 1655503287738.gif (320x240, 1.88M)

Don't care

I don't have PS3

I got bamboozled so many times with some Tales games, it's crazy. Usualy I'm pretty spot-on but in some cases, Tales games are gifts that just keep on giving.

If this ever gets a xillia HD collection I'm skipping 1. I love x2 so much.

It was my first Tales game so I kept getting excited when shit ramped up again.

dropping by the thread to say
absolutely based, TotA was lightning in a bottle not just for the Tales series but for jrpgs as a whole. Unironically a well written game but it's destined to be forgotten as another run of the mill weeb rpg

Attached: 1655772229747.png (526x526, 386.79K)

Attached: what i played abyss.jpg (1006x1415, 277.13K)

You are really bringing my expectations up. Berseria already have a lot of my favorite characters from a JRPG.
On a side note I am currently doing Zestria and I am impressed how it feels like everything was already planned for the prequel.