How important is having a facecam on during gameplay to you...

How important is having a facecam on during gameplay to you? Do viewers actually care more if they see a face/character on the screen next to the gameplay?

Attached: notlikethis.png (318x318, 118.02K)

depends, are you a pretty girl or some kind of grey-skinned depressing looking nerd in a studio apartment?

I don't like it or care whatsoever, but I'm not the norm.

It depends. If the game is a blind playthrough of a game I like or if it's a game where getting fucked over unexpectedly is guaranteed to happen (Mario Party comes to mind) then I think facecam can add some things. Otherwise I honestly don't care at all. I do like being able to hear the person though (otherwise I'd just watch a walkthrough on YouTube) and value that infinitely much more than facecam.

just look up the data that was already collected by twitch itself ffs

I cant believe what has happened to this place

I avoid streams with facecams. I want to see the game, not some random dude's face.

easier to relate to the person but you can make it with or without
I watch zfg for example and he doesn't have a cam

I'm the same way. Seeing them very rarely added shit for me.

I hate seeing facecams and find they waste screen space, but the stats don't lie and using a facecam will increase your average viewercount

Imagine watching streams.

the facecam is a huge boost to your audience's parasocial friendship with you

Having a shitty mic and video that constantly needs to buffer/stuttering/drops in quality is worse than no face cam to me, but this is right according to the numbers.

its cool that you learned a word

Girls love weirdos that look like slugs (a bit of eyebags and baggy clothes despite weighing no more than 140lbs stickman)

Bound to happen. Older crowd leaves, younger crowd comes in. also thank Any Forums (2016 election) and gamergate for bringing Any Forums to mainstream notoriety and making this happen faster

i can't imagine someone like vinesauce using a facecam, i don't wanna see vinny's face when he does his duck noises.
jerma is the only one i've seen to actually use facecam in a way that enhances the stream. his streams still feel like "the jerma show" rather than a one-way video call.

per the square law, indubitably

What is it about seeing some retard take 30% of the screen appealing? If anything it has the opposite effect me, I've never liked it nor found use for it. Same with the soi fag face on thumbnails. This world is fucking stupid.

>I really FEEL like we're hanging out together when I see them and it's easier to pick up on things like sarcasm and jokes because you can read the body language.
I wish I was making this up. It's also why jobs and workplaces want everyone on facecam even though mics work just fine (although in-person is better so you can use all of their affiliate's resources to give them more money, but I'm going way off topic at this point). It sounds stupid because it is.

Get me off this shit planet man, where did we fail so hard for things to turn up this way

Attached: 1658278994451032.jpg (500x628, 35.87K)

As someone who has a lot of remote coworkers, mandatory facecams have made working with them way better.