Game is released

>game is released
>balance is great and allows a variation of different skills, tactics and strategy
>game keeps getting updated and updated adding more and more powercreep and being forced to double down on it
>game is now nothing like it used to be
Why does this always happen?

Attached: Game before powercreep.gif (498x372, 3.26M)

Z > OG

This. Convinced the only people who pretend to like OG either haven't seen it or are looking for some sort of validation by pretending to be oldfags.
both are shit though, toriyama singlehandedly ruined the entire shonen demographic forever

>Yes I am a spic or Americamutt that watched DBZ on Toonami how could you tell?

Yeah it's because of zog

Nah
OG has a much better pace. The beginning of OG is some of the best animated stuff ever made, Bulma is gorgeous. And the end tournament is OG is like Yu Yu Hakusho.
But obviously Z's super sayan stuff is the best, I mean you turn aryan and blast planets, nothing can top that. And Vegeta is the best character in the series.

The OG is a slightly better constructed show, overall. But a relatively flat "meh" rating across the board.
Z has A LOT of peaks and valleys, a solid half of the show is straight filler/stretch-for-time. I'd rather watch a highlight reel of Z than most of OG again.

Sorry, I only talk to mangachads.

Z had better highs but worse lows than OG

Dragon Ball actually had fucking fights instead of brief skirmishes between giant Fuck Me beams.

man the power creep from frieza beginning to end was fucking retarded, like look at gohan's
starts at 1800
increases by 7.77x to 14000 when guru unlocks his potential
increases by 14x to TWO HUNDRED FUCKING THOUSAND after getting his shit kicked in by the ginyu force
increases 5x to 1,000,000

and keep in mind that while the namek arc lasted like a month, the ginyu fight and frieza fight were within a day of eachother, so gohan's power increases from 14,000 to 1 million pretty easily

still, the thing I hate most was goten and trunks being so powerful

Attached: 512[1].png (512x384, 233.32K)

Something something human-saiyan hybrids

Point.
Vegeta is the best character in DB
Vegeta is not in OG dragon ball.

Therefore:
DBZ > OG

I’m 20 years old, I read the entire dragon ball manga translated as well as dbz and I personally enjoyed the original dragon ball much more. Sorry but that’s just the way it is. I could say that you “only like dbz because you grew up watching it on toonami” it’s on the same level as ur argument except it’s probably true lol.

The anime adaptation of OG was better paced and better directed, but Z is the more interesting and cool part of the story.

>I'd rather watch a highlight reel of Z than most of OG again.
this

Krillin was never a real match for Goku at any point, even this fight is mostly Goku fooling around and holding back

Reminder that Jackie Chun casually was able to destroy the moon before all the powerlevel bullshit and that master Roshi can dodge Jirens punches.

I don't 100 percent agree with your assessment but I get it. I'm actually embarking on a Dragon Ball Marathon. I'm only on the second part but I'm making good progress. I had a copy of the original aspect ratio and a remaster and while the remaster looks notably better I'll stick with the original so nothing is cropped out.
>Dragon Ball
>Dragon Ball Z
>Dragon Ball GT
>Dragon Ball Kai
>Dragon Ball Sper

What highlights? Two guys screaming at each other for 20 episodes straight and now and then do a powerup that made the last 20 episodes obsolete?
There's no stakes or and suspension in Z, because it's all just powerups.

Attached: 1613350723921.jpg (1280x438, 188.17K)

Isn't Kai just a recut of Z?

Since when does goku hold back? I thought he loves to fight and challenge himself and others.

Anything after dbz is actual dog shit and not even worth watching if you like the original and z

not them but yeah, it is. it basically cuts down on ALL the filler. even the good stuff like snake way that builds up suspense to "will goku make it there in time" and the fun stuff like fake namek

Attached: FZ-VtKaXwAAEEYJ.jpg (1963x1803, 487.65K)

Super is the exact same shit as Z, only less fillers

Do you watch the show? Goku holds back in almost every fight at first. He explains why against his first fight with Tien.

dragon ball from namek onwards is like wrestling. shit happens to look cool. power levels are useless

what did he say his reason was? it's been like a decade since I watched through the series

Toriyama never gave a fuck about power levels. That was only retarded fans

Eh, in some areas.

I don't think the case is usually that balance came out good, it was that no one knew wtf they were doing

Buu > Saiyan > Frieza > Cell

OG Dragonball had lots of cunny, therefor OG Dragonball is better

I'm totally opposite. I think the Original Series is more fun to watch in snippets and Z only really works episode at a time.

Z is incredibly formulaic. Vegeta is either directly involved as a villain or ally in the plot causing issues for the Z fighters like letting Majin Buu awaken because he wanted to beat Goku's ass. Then it's just a constant back and forth between the Z fighters and villain(s) powering up.

Attached: 1660408761389.jpg (457x360, 60.18K)

OG has better fights than Z. A lot of the fights in Z boil down to two characters locked in punching and kicking with them zipping everywhere. Dragon Ball has actual fights that require the characters to use a certain technique or think outside the box. When a character loses in DB, it's because they weren't skilled enough. When a character loses in DBZ, a lot of the time it's because their arbitrary number wasn't high enough to compete with their opponent's arbitrary number. The only solution to beating a bad guy is to get stronger.

That said, DBZ has a few fights that are kino as fuck.
>Goku vs. Frieza
>Piccolo vs. 17
>Goku vs. Majin Vegeta

Attached: Videl_DBZ_Ep_207_001 (1).png (658x989, 1.05M)

>Chi chi
>Mai
>Suno
>The Indian loli
>Paur
Pure kino

the first goku vs vegeta was great and I'm shocked you didn't include it. Vegeta moves like he knows how to fight despite the amped up power levels

Tien arc up to the end of Frieza is peak dragon ball.

also lots of willy

Attached: 3h8.jpg (953x510, 154.93K)

>because they weren't skilled enough
>looks at Goku vs Piccolo
>looks at literally all of the 23rd martial arts tournament
bro?

Nothing will top
Jackie chun vs goku
Or all the tien bullshit those original tournaments had.

Attached: 1652508716260.gif (540x336, 1.92M)

>>game is released
>>balance is great and allows a variation of different skills, tactics and strategy
You have never played a competitive game. The vanilla version is always the most broken iteration. Everyone just sucks at the start so they don’t optimize.

Gokubro btw

OG->Z->ignore GT->Ignore 90% of Super
OG/Z>Super
OG=/= >/< Z
>=/= >/< OG

Attached: file.png (592x431, 407.17K)

Holy fucking based. The adaptation for DBZ is fucking atrociously paced. The manga is much better unless you're an ADD riddled kid who NEEDS colors and flashing lights to be entertained.

Yeah, my memory of the Saiyan Saga is a bit of a haze. The fighting didn't start blending together until around the end of the Cell saga.

Attached: DncWEoTU4AAtOxo.jpg (550x610, 62.93K)

>>Goku vs. Majin Vegeta
That fight sucked. There’s a reason Goku vs Vegeta in the Saiyan saga is more fondly remembered.

The fuck kind of math equation you spamming here?

Your post is contradictory. ADHD kids wouldn’t be able to sit through Z due to how slow paced it is.

>That fight sucked.
And it's relegated to practically a footnote in the manga.

I still believe that the Saiyan arc is the peak of the franchise
>hero and villain from the last arc team-up to take on a new threat
>the hero fucking dies in the process
>previous villain ends up getting a change of heart due to the influence of the hero’s son
>the characters you come to know and love almost all end up being helpless against the new villains
>even though the hero shows up to make quick work of one of the villains, he still isn’t able to fully take down the last villain by himself and it takes a combination of luck and his remaining allies to score a victory after a brutal slugfest
The Frieza arc also had some good moments, with Vegeta in particular showing off his cunning mind in order to take down most of Frieza’s army (didn’t like how the Cell arc characterized him as a meathead who just willingly lets Cell power-up) and teaming up with Gohan and Krillin just to survive though the ending felt kind of flat.

Attached: 1518371488100.jpg (576x433, 52.83K)