Never played a FF game

Never played a FF game
Is this thing good?
I hear it's not the same story as the original. Why? How different is it?

Attached: EGS_FINALFANTASYVIIREMAKEINTERGRADE_SquareEnix_S1_2560x1440-85f829541a833442eaace75d02e0f07d.jpg (2560x1440, 983.55K)

Terrible game. You should get it

Extremely padded, but you sound like a zoomer so good ahead.

1- Nope
FF7 Remake is shit

2- it isn't a true Remake
Because when you reach a point in the plot, you clearly see that's end up to bein a sort of sequel/reboot

(you have to play the original game first, than watch Advent Children FF7 movie, and play Crisis Core FF7, before playing this)

it's fun

The story is different. It’s basically a different timeline that is trying to go back to the original game’s timeline but fails to. And it’s good. Still retains the soul of the original game while being different

why not play the original first and find out yourself. that way you can form a more grounded opinion of the remake.
I haven't played either but I seriously don't understand why people would even ask about a remake without playing the original

It's one of those gay ass meta-sequel reboots. Like Rebuild of Eva.

The game is a sequel.
The subtitle is just the name of the 6th game in the FF7 Compilation.

No. It is awful demake.
It does NOT follow the same story.
It is NOT a full game, just a "chapter 1".
It covers roughly 4 hours of the OG, but stretches it to a 60 hour slogfest with fetch quests and obligatory minigames.
The gameplay is terrible, art style butchered, OST lacks the oomph and atmosphere of the original.

tldr: play tge classic FF7. It is a timeless masterpiece.

>Is this thing good?
Fuck no. And not even as a "FF game", but in general. It flopped for a reason.

>Still retains the soul of the original game
You have legit NEVER played the 1997 game, nigger.

I’m 30 years old nigger, I have.

even if we ignore the story, the gameplay is shit. it tries to be an action game like kingdom hearts or DMC but it doesn't even have a combo system or anything beside spamming the same 4 moves that deals pitiful damage to a super armor enemies that you have to use the skill in the menu which pauses the action for you to select it manually instead of having a verity of movesets against enemies that actually react to damage they receive.

And I'm Moot himself
FF7R could not be further from the 1997 FF7's late-80s inspired pseudo-Ghiblian Dieselpunk aesthetics and mood.

No, it's not good. Play the original, full game, or even the FF9.

I sound like a zoomer for asking a simple question?

>it flopped for a reason
Why do you lie?
Final Fantasy VII Remake became one of the fastest-selling PlayStation 4 games, selling more than 3.5 million copies within three days and over five million by August 2020.

He's mentally ill, pay it no mind.

Yeah FF games are known for having great combat.

Should tell you a lot about what kind of people lurk here.
Just play the game if you are interested in it.

Yes they are.

Attached: 1658826738566.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

>Pseudo-Ghiblian Dieselpunk

Nigger what? Yeah dieselpunk for sure, but how the fuck does FF7 give off Ghibli vibes?