What were they thinking

what were they thinking

We could have FF18 by nowe

Attached: CjiFl7A.png (1920x903, 2.77M)

They kept on making sequels because Versus 13 was in dev hell. I'm glad Square is finally done with Fabula Nova Crystallis.

idk but ffxiv is kinda based

Attached: 1659661246089118.jpg (1024x974, 62.13K)

I'm thinking FF hasn't been good since FFX

Huh, Lightning is a cute.

Unironically because 13 was THAT successful. Nobody would let Toriyama make 2 sequels of his waifu if 13 flopped in the first place.

>13
>kino story, nice fresh gameplay
>13-2
>refined gameplay, literally pokemon in better and fun to replay
>LR
>super unique action RPG with cool mechanics
i don't see the issue here officer. isn't this fun enough for you or what

Objectively valid opinion.

Attached: 1652905587945.jpg (1625x1625, 1.98M)

People should give LR a try, the plot is retarded but the gameplay is great

1. (fact) I love FF13 trilogy.
2. (assumption) Versus was supposed to be in the same universe as XIII and there would be some ''crossover'', before it was renamed to XV and totally ruined by guy who doesn't know how to make games.
3. (high probability) XIII-2 and LR were not even planned before and were made just to cover the loses made by FF XIV 1.0

Conclusion
>FF XIII trilogy is great
>XIV ruined SquareEnix
>XV is a total fuckup

they needed to make money back from FFXIV 1.0 being so bad

>>XIV ruined SquareEnix
>XIV keeping Square relevant and running
fixed it for you friend

FF13 was so shit SE had to fix it with sequels.

XIV 1.0, not ARR my dear WoW tourist

the only game that sucks is lr with that shitty time gimmick

is there any palpable crossover between 13 and 15?
I'm playing 15 now and may give 13 a second chance after tying up 15

The underrated trilogy, they should remaster all 3

Is this game really worse than FF15?

Not really, no.
You will find more similarities in games such as Romancing SaGa 2 and Last Remnant lel

Because Toriyama was in love with Lightning so much and Versus 13 was in super dev hell.

That said 13 and 15 really destroyed a lot of goodwill from players. Even the developers themselves said that. Especially regarding 15.

yes

Final Fantasy XV is not even complete, user.

ff13 trilogy is SHIT

Attached: lightning.gif (500x281, 1.85M)

Not a fucking chance. XIII-2 and LR put it way above the turd pile that is XIV.

>dyke
>ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

they could have more characters ready for gacha if two new FFs were there

XIII-2 and LR feel very cheap compared to XIII, it's obvious they didn't put as much money and effort into them. They still turned out pretty good.

Also for me it's New Bodhum.

Attached: 1580742453553.jpg (1920x1080, 312.11K)

XIII has a fairly in-depth combat system that filters a ton of people. For a lot of the later bosses, shit can get real complicated as you try to build a perfect team. The biggest downfall in this front is how simple the upgrade system is, but it does the job.

As far as the story goes, XIII has one of the most fascinating worlds in the entire series, but you need to read all of the datalog entries to even understand what's going on. The in-game dialogue does a terrible job of explaining anything. The characters are also not that great and take way too long to develop any kind of complexity. Once Fang joins your party is when things pick up and get better, but that takes a while. The second half of the game when you get to Gran Pulse is fucking awesome though. Tons of things to do, challenging encounters, and world bosses.

Overall, I'd say it is better than FFXV just because FFXV is so fucking barebones when it comes to gameplay and story. At least FFXIII has some thought put into the combat and lore, and when you dig into it, you'll find a fairly compelling game.

>XIII-2 and LR feel very cheap compared to XIII, it's obvious they didn't put as much money and effort into them. They still turned out pretty good.

How so? Jsut bc ff13 has a linear open area?

Is it what they are aiming for FF16?

Final Fantasy 15 is hugely better than the pile of shit that ff13 trilogy actually is