Set in the 80s

>Set in the 80s
>Friday I'm In Love is in the game
Surely that has to mean something, Kojima can't just be that retarded, right??

Attached: Metal_Gear_Solid_V_The_Phantom_Pain_cover.png (316x316, 139.85K)

>set in the 80s
>giant robots in the game
>???????????

it's fiction you dumbass

Not an argument

The bigger problem is how every single Soviet soldier is somehow listening to the latest (at the time) Western hit song. They would NOT be listening to that, I can guarantee you that, and it's not even because of the Iron Curtain or anything.

>Set in the 80s
>Rebel Yell (2008 Remaster) starts playing

Attached: 1507596258772.png (420x380, 10.78K)

AFGHAN
AFGHAN, AFGHAN

It doesn't even have 80s vibes, clearly feels like a 90s song. No idea why he wanted it in the game

Kojima doesn't want to talk with Russians about getting Lyube or Kino in his game, he scarfs down American culture

yaeh that gave me pause as well.
but i like the song so I didn't really care, so oh well.

it means he liked the song, so he put it in the game................................ retard

Playing MGSV on friday nights is top comfy
Just sneaking around while listening to spin me round

Attached: 1603743418501.jpg (544x626, 57.79K)

Kojima is... le hack?

Yes it is. Here's the long version: considering the musical trends among band groups, particularly that of The Cure, which their debut to fame was in the 1980s in spite their career activity starting in 1978. You could say even that in spite of some albums coming out one to three years after the decade of their heyday of which their sound as a band was mostly associated with, it belongs to earlier times. In fact, a lot of music from the early 1990s (1990-1993) was throwbacks to the 1980s with a more decisiveness in sound and better production. Because of that it works well in the video of a fictional 1984 set game.

/lick

>Lyube
kojima want fuck with those pro putin twats

That's a very autistic explanation. I like it.

THIS IS THE SOUND OF MY SOUL
THIS IS THE SOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUNNNDD

Attached: 1660341496520.jpg (640x360, 19.73K)

MGSV is anachronistic not only to reality, but within the MGS timeline as well some examples:
reality:
The beginning of MGSV is an attack on what is for all intents and purposes gitmo, nearly 30 years before it
sahelanthropus is named after a hominid that wouldn't be discovered until the 2000s
mgsverse:
sahelanthropus is clearly the most mechanically sophisticated metal gear ever created
holographic projection and such from the idroid and phantom cigar is way ahead of the curve
wormhole technology is developed and actively used
there's a lot more but you get the picture
this isn't an accident there's two reasons for it:
the first is that MGSV is really about the present and is using the resource wars of the 80s as an analogue, this is in contrast to the previous two prequels which were very much about the cold war and had fewer (likely all accidental) anachronisms. the second is that it establishes the extent to which the information control of the patriots is already in play

Attached: 1652325921364m.jpg (1024x576, 113.46K)

cope. Kojima just wanted wacky stuff in his game, he didn't even think about shit like that.

literally the first metal gear man