Is Stalker worth playing after Metro Exodus?

Is Stalker worth playing after Metro Exodus?

Attached: 832985798276.jpg (3440x1440, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/c/WolfKOTTO
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you got it backwards

If you can withstand the jank and poor gunplay it can be a pretty fun game.

I finished Exodus and really liked it. So i wanna play something familiar and i found Stalker game. But it looks too old and ugly, so i came here for your advice. Should i spend my time on this and try it?

Attached: 51peLAu0RvL._SS500.jpg (500x500, 39.83K)

you could probably download some mods to make it look a little prettier if you'd like

I second what FPBP said:
Metro is pure console-shit. Borderline CoD-tier garbage.
STALKER is where it truly is at. Especially gameplay-wise.
And imagine being a graphix whore against a late-00's PC exclusive.

Play them in release order.
Do not use big overhaul mods at first. Latest patches + Zone Reclamation Project is all ya need. Play on high difficulty, and don't come bitching to us about "inaccurate weapons" after the first 5 minutes.

Attached: stalker guide v1,42.png (1536x1250, 1.1M)

Play Shadow of Chernobyl with the Autumn Aurora 2 mod. If you care about shit like graphics then playing vanilla will probably filter you.

>with the Autumn Aurora 2 mod
Might just as well recommend fucking Complete09 to him, faggot.
AA2 is some of the worst brown + bloom shit out there, and absolutely NOT for first timers (it is based on AMK1.4)

Again, you need to be some turbo graphics whore GenA toddler to have problem with visuals of a 2007 PC game. The lighting and texture quality still BTFO out many console exclusives to this day, and the LACK of screen filters is just so de-toxicating after years of blur and piss on the screen.

Outdoors the games are atmospheric as fuck.
Indoors, borderline photorealistic.
And then there's kazillion mods to pimp up anything and everything, but you should not go nuts with that crap on the 1st run.

Attached: Those tiles! SoC Vanilla.jpg (1600x1200, 249.35K)

You're not even paying attention to the type of player OP is, think about someone else other than yourself for a second. He said they looked "old and ugly", I highly doubt he gives a single shit about any of this. Do you really think someone who thinks these games are "old and ugly" cares about screen filters and shit?

Just because you or I see these games as something doesn't mean OP does. It's the simplest way for him to play the game and not be turned off. I'm not trying to insult OP but if someone if turned off by a 2007 game then yes I view them as a "turbo graphics whore GenA toddler" as you put it.

STALKERs are worth playing.
METROs are not.
t. got easily 10000+ hours put to all three of the STALKERs since their release, with 'n without mods.

Still getting the itch to return to the Zone every once in a while

Attached: Cordon - village camp fire.jpg (1920x1200, 406.59K)

>he said they looked old and ugly
That just means that he's already filtered, and the community is better off without superficial princesses like Xer.

Attached: 1568671035648.jpg (1242x901, 365.51K)

>the jank
what jank? Literally uses the default WASD+M controls, and has super streamlined inventory system.

>poor gunplay
OH right, because bullet physics scare zoom zoom Halo children.

Attached: SoC popping heads sniper.webm (1024x576, 2.08M)

Speaking of STALKER, how in the fuck do I get into Anomaly? Every time I start I wind up taking a quest or 2 and wind up expending more resources doing these quests than the reward money buys and just quit

I couldn't get into Metro's half-assed "open" gameplay, should've stayed mostly in tunnels.
If you want a more sandbox type game, then yes Stalker scratches that itch if you're willing to deal with a flawed but potentially very fun game.

>playing a specific game is my "community"
The gayest thing I've read today. But it's still morning here so you might be dethroned

Anomaly needs tweaking and submods to be playable. Turn up money and goodwill gain in the options, along with a bunch of other shit. Basically, eliminate all the Miserywank from the game.

Metro is trash

Attached: 1607098601785.webm (1366x768, 2.76M)

You can change the rewards in the settings, but if you make it too easy you'll quickly have more money than you know what to do with and there goes most of the reason to play Anomaly. It's easy to get too strong without handicapping yourself by not doing missions, or just making the rewards pocket change.
It's why I prefer the structure of the base games

youtube.com/c/WolfKOTTO

Attached: u mad.jpg (671x531, 53.23K)

I was more referring to the how weightless (most) everything feels and the lack of good gun sounds. Trying to argue the game isn't janky is hilarious though, it's well known for it. You were probably too young to know about it's release and reception.

>You were probably too young to
Oh look, an underaged zoomie trying to play the "lol u can't remember lol!" card.

I LITERALLY started playing STALKER when I was serving in the Army. With the pure 1.0000 version. I know what "jank" can be, you clearly don't.
Only kids who have literally never played a single PC game pre-2005 could call something as standardized and typical as STALKER "janky".

I like aesthetics of Stalker (judging by screenshots), but game really looks old. Some call it soul, but idk

Attached: Meow meow.jpg (1200x960, 168.09K)

It's the HUD and the guns of Stalker that look more dated. If they got a facelift I don't think it would feel as old as it is. mods do that, but for a first timer you want to go in as vanilla as you reasonably can. Bugfixes and whatnot are fine of course

Oh, so it's just nostalgia. I can't blame you, I still see Morrowind through rose-tinted glasses

>Return
Base Anomeme isn't that bad, but some of the modpacks for it contain some of the dumbest most obtuse mechanics i've ever seen.
>get bit by mutant
>need sutures and stiches to close the wound
>plasma pack to restore vitals
>bandage to cover wounds
>pay another stalker to kiss the booboo and make it feel better
>splint and cast in there somewhere too because why the fuck not

No son, (You) are simply too young AND have clearly let your brain get rotten by the past decade of nothing but AAA cinematic console trash.

There are truly few games as immersive, exciting and comfy as STALKER.

Attached: ss_jony_09-23-08_22-19-29_(garbage).jpg (1280x1024, 786.64K)

>Might just as well recommend fucking Complete09 to him
It's not even equivalent, Complete destroys the gameplay.

Just look at these trees, Jony.