What's the point of spells when 95% of them are slow and redundant and it's just easier and more damaging to press the...

What's the point of spells when 95% of them are slow and redundant and it's just easier and more damaging to press the attack button once?

Attached: zamor_ice_storm_sorcery_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 17.81K)

In the early days of WoW, casters would use agility on cloth. Since we didn't have any real haste abilities.

range

Its fun in PvE. Ofc metafags dont use them

>What's the point of spells when 95% of them are slow and redundant
They aren't

Is that pepe frog?

What the fuck I see it now

literally 0 in elden because the weapon skill versions of spells are just stronger

What ave you done monster

not to mention you always have to manage a resource, mana, whereas with melee you just keep wacking

magic is shit in almost every game

It's fun to throw out every spell in the book when it works, especially on the hulking abominations ten times your size more likely to be hit. Too bad later in the game said oversized lumps somehow move at mach speeds also, invalidating almost every tool in the game.

surprise effect for invasions, worthless in pvp after the first cast

you can cast that through walls for ez frostbite. i used it off the zamor curved sword's WA

BTW fuck mohg phase 2

>Press attack button
>Cast spell
wtf?

This
>use Glintstone Pebble as Ash of War (available very early): massive damage and stagger, quick animations, can choose to do the followup strike or not
>use Mega Crystal Explosion of Big Doom: cast 5 seconds to deal medium damage with no stagger

it is so your mimic tear does cool dragon ball z laser shit while you smack the boss

Sword Sororities are based when used correctly. Incantations are for tryhard losers trying to min-max, except for catch flame, catch flame is cool.

Attached: 234refdfd.jpg (714x929, 153.62K)

Attached: 1657225775242.png (300x250, 66.52K)

Its a dps check boss so feel free to use all cheese

i made a FTH build and kinda feel that, just reached leyndell
early on using blackflame blade was fun, but since i've gotten the godslayer greatsword it seems better to just run up and smack enemies silly. sometimes i'll throw a blackflame. i've tried a few incantations/seal combos and it generally doesn't seem worth it save for the occasional utility

any anons got advice for spicing up a faith build?

Attached: dante peep.png (750x538, 502.28K)

>and it's just easier and more damaging to press the attack button once?

Attached: adulas7.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Rotten Breath and Swarm of flies melt 99% of the game but it's a very boring way to play

already used those on an arcane build
i've tried some dragon cult and crucible spells but none of them seem particularly good at the point i'm at in the game