Why are video games and entertainment dying?

Why are video games and entertainment dying?

Attached: 1659668462742.png (1757x874, 496.09K)

Because they are made by troons, for troons.

COVID restrictions are over and people are going outside again.

Only corporate garbage entertainment is dying.

because corporations dont care about the quality, they just make what they see other people making money from. every creative decision requireas final approval by suits and managers who know fuck all about entertainment and see the world in dollar signs. it makes sense that this oversaturation of mediocrity would burn out even the most oblivious of the unwashed masses. Once the numbers get low enough theyll find another shitty way to get their numbers to go up and the cycle repeats because ultimately the average person has no knowledge nor standards when it comes to artistic mediums and base their preferences entirely off of whats advertised to them

Corona had a massive spike in the entertainment industry, but now that we are entering a recession, everything is getting fucked. Also Marvel has been killing itself with Disney not knowing what to do with it.
This.

Sports and Bars are probably doing better than ever right now.

Aside our constantly questionings of quality, there's massive inflation. Things are more expensive. Necessities are costly. People are spending less on entertainment or randomly luxury items to pay for food and other necessities.

Recession is fueling some of this. Also the venture capital is running out in media and investors are more interested in making money than diversity and equity initiatives. Top Gun Maverick was a huge wake up call. It might seem like things are dying if you like lame ass shit, but you'll survive. Pucker up buttercup.

because they're all made for trannies now and normal people aren't interested in this shit

Attached: nobody will watch this or play the vidya adaptation.jpg (604x588, 115.7K)

Attached: 1650570191618.jpg (640x480, 143.34K)

>marvel slump
one needs to know when to quit, when to leave undefeated and not overstay your welcome
like who the fuck even cares about anything marvel past the "finale" with Thanos and shit? Yep it was a somewhat fun ride till tha point even if it already felt like it dragged for too long, but now it's over, time to go home

Yes, that's what ESG does to entertainment

I don't get why they focus on these nobody-characters. I makes no fucking sense.

lol why are you trying to conflate capeshit burnout with vidya being propped up by memevirus restrictions and companies having completely asinine beliefs that they were sustainable?

I'm spending less on video games because I pretty much only play indie games now which cost $15-$20. Modern AAA $70 games suck donkey balls.

Same here, indies plus I emulate a lot of older games.

Because we are in a recession and everyone is focusing on paying for food, healthcare, gas, and other necessities instead of entertainment.

Attached: file.jpg (960x772, 63.13K)

I think Ellen ring did a huge amount of damage to the video game industry.

People pay like 60 70 80 bucks for a game that had hundreds and hundreds of hours of content. And people actually sat down and played this game for over 100 hours. And the game didn't have microtransactions. So people spend less than $1 per hour with this game

In that same time they could have played through 5 or 6 AAA games, or they could have played games with microtransactions and spent an extra $50 or $60 easily, some spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on their favorite game. That's a lot of money unspent and a lot of video games didn't get bought because of elden ring

And think of the precident this now sets, when people spend 60 70 $80 on a game and the single player campaign is over in like 4 hours, and then they're expected to spend a huge amount of money on microtransactions instead of earning things through gameplay, they going to be unhappy.

Elden ring is going to cause a collapse of the video game industry by being too good

don't blame the recession.

Attached: 1655959781394.png (838x918, 772.46K)

they thought they could get away with anything after dominating for a decade, but they were wrong

How the fuck can you be both transgender and nonbinary? I hate these fucking people.

F2P is taking over gaming so people spend like 10-20 dollars on a battle pass and skins instead of 70 fucking dollars. as far as super hero shit people are tired of oversterilized MCU quipping heros, as evident by how popular The Boys and Invincible are

To put it simply, oversaturation. Too much of the same thing over and over again. What's the point in buying the same game all the time?

Attached: 1483484915450.jpg (983x844, 111.49K)

>70 FUCKING dollars
Wow 70 whole dollars that's just so much money wow I'm so impressed that you use that big nasty rude word to really drive home that's $70 is a lot of money for a video game...

Because people spend more time complaining than they do playing

Attached: 1637828876533.png (947x644, 791.21K)

I'm not, that's why I used the word, "some". Read before you post.

Attached: 1653394906904.jpg (1022x1015, 640.18K)

it doesn't have to make sense, more checkboxes = higher victimhood status and that's all that counts

There is no recession, please do not spread false information which is now a criminal act.

fuck you dumb asshole i use worse word next time 70 nigger dollars

Schizo
Truth

this post is Snopes approved

normies getting tired/bored

same thing happened with the wii. once the normies/casuals got bored they dropped it and moved on (nintendo realized this and tried to pivot back hard to the core audience with the wii u and switch)

Ok

Maybe one day when you get a real job you realize that $70 for a video game is not a lot of money.

NewsGuard gives it a score of 90.

Attached: 1653526340067.jpg (551x551, 162.25K)

Entertainment is being banned for the goyim. Free time is time you should spend working. Work, goy. Work. Mr. Shekelberg wants another yacht.

The Earth is healing

>trannies kill themselves
>entertainment industry killing themselves
checks out at least

Fellate that corporate dick more like a good consumer

For me personally I've basically completely retreated into emulators lately. And I really did try lately to play some new games. I just... They're not fun. There's unironically not enough gameplay. I don't like being interrupted constantly for a ten minute long cutscene. I want to play shit like Katamari and just roll up a bunch of shit for like 20 minutes at a time.

I'm just so fucking tired of modern shit. It's all infected and all I can do is cut it out of my life like a cancer and play the massive fucking backlog of games I've never played before that came out pre-2013. The only decent games that pull me out of my shell when it comes to modern stuff is the occasional Sega or Capcom game.

I know Ninty games are all gameplay-first but they're also fucking baby-first too and I can't derive any fucking enjoyment from their boring and predictable aesthetic and music choices. Nintendo games may as well be the Wendys of video games. Better than the AAA McDonalds shit, but still mostly garbage.

Attached: 1657821886936.jpg (575x580, 52.77K)

>And that's a good thing
Post writer's nose

Maybe "good" isn't the right word but you'd have to be severely delusional to believe in infinite growth. The economy can't grow forever and it hurts everyone to pretend it does.

Another thing to consider too is that there are, generally speaking, fewer young people in the developed world. Millennials are heading into their 30s and 40s, and the next cohort, zoomers, while being in their 20s, is significantly smaller in size.
There are more games being produced now than ever before, and the demographics who primarily spend their money on them are shrinking to boot. It's the classic problem of having too many goods and too few people to buy them.
In my opinion, a lot of the games-as-service stuff you see now might, in part, be a reaction to that simple reality. In order to make up for the overall drop in the number of consumers, you have to increase the value each individual consumer might provide.

Attached: Nintendo Direct.gif (500x370, 2.05M)

>Marvel has completely failed to deliver with Phase 4
>With the single exception of No Way Home, everything else has been worse than Phase 3
>The DCEU is a joke that stopped being funny years ago
>Ezra Miller shit isn't helping at all, because the Flash had his own moving coming out, but now that's likely canned
>Batgirl movie cancelled out nowhere over petty corporate nonsense
>HMMMM WHY ARE PEOPLE LESS INTERESTED IN CAPESHIT NOW?