Temporal anti-aliasing (TAA)

>Temporal anti-aliasing (TAA)

Attached: mcfucking kill myself.jpg (709x765, 72.38K)

Agreed, always looks like shit

Looks great!

Attached: Blurry-Vision.jpg (800x533, 82.27K)

why do old videogames at 1080p look alot sharper and cleaner like theyre higher resolution than a 4k picture with forced TAA?
I feel like we are just getting scammed to keep buying hardware.

Attached: 55712.png (300x274, 84.69K)

>I feel like we are just getting scammed to keep buying hardware
Whoa there pardner, don't say something you can't prove in the court of law.

What was the problem with msaa again? Taa with sharpening has worse aliasing than msaa...

You need to optimize your game for it to not kill fps.
Which devs don't want to do.

It's the same with CRT's and lcd's
On a CRT you could play 800x600 and everything looked clean as fuck, you need atleast 4 times the resolution to match the clarity on a lcd. Everything is just a scam to keep us buying new shit.

For some reason in newer games the MSAA setting started running and looking like absolute shit. Maybe because but I wouldn't know. But then TAA was the "fix" for this even though it looks like shit in most cases.

Yeah I fucking hate it. Tropico 6 looked awful until I turned it off

CRT fags can't make up their mind on what exactly their agenda is.

MSAA literally doesn't work on a lot of modern rendering techniques. Even games that have MSAA still, like Forza Horizon, you can put it on 8x and you will still have visible jaggies all over. Temporal AA is the only form of AA that can provide a fully smooth image.
Get used to it because deferred rendering and post process effects are literally the basis of every modern game engine now. It actually goes so far in certain games like RDR 2 or modern frostbite games that TAA is a low level part of the rendering pipeline, meaning that without TAA, the games will have graphical errors like broken LoDs.

>Motion Blur
>Depth of Field
>Chromatic Abberation
>Film grain
>Lens Flare

These are mandatory to turn off both for performance and better graphics. First two are useless because your eyes already naturally do it so why the fuck would you put artificial ones that are done by retarded devs? The last 3 are cinematic bullshit that don't belong in games unless you love the aesthetic of a dying camera.

Attached: adfVogag.jpg (620x400, 32.07K)

i also always turn off antialiasing, vsync and shadows

Attached: pepe3.jpg (976x850, 279.6K)

>Get used to it

Attached: No.gif (440x220, 3.36M)

How tf does TAA wotk anyways?

based

I use DLSS for AA. Much better than TAA while giving you a performance boost. Every game should have DLSS by default. Fucking hate regular TAA. Too blurry and ghosts way too much.

Literally new bad old good. It's not a meme

that's depth of field but point taken

>running AA of any sort at 4k
stop sitting so close to your monitor, you are not going to notice any jaggies

Modern rendering pipelines demand TAA. If it was HL2 at 4k the image would look super clean and sharp however modern games will look jagged and shimmer city even at 4k. Some even won't let you turn it off at all because modern games are just build for it in mind and require it.

If you knew how incredible the tech behind modern displays was you’d probably stop repeating this garbage everywhere