Name a vidya character with more undeserved fame than him...

Name a vidya character with more undeserved fame than him. You're not a kid or teenager discovering this cool Japan only fire swordsman in the sequel to Super Smash Bros on your Gamecube anymore and he's not our boy, but a really retarded shill pick. His fucking series' fans think he's the worst lord even after Corrin. It's literally just Smashfags.

Only Lucario outdoes with his shilling in Mystery Dungeon before he even fucking existed. Lightning was a single waifufag and nobody likes her.

Attached: Roy_SSBU.png (1573x1610, 2.27M)

ITT characters carried by Smash Bros, also C Falcon.

Who cares?

he's only famous within smash/fe

not outside of that

also lightning is cool

>Lightning was a single waifufag and nobody likes her.
The people that like her like her a lot though, so it makes up.

People apparently love X, which was on 64 at the same time rather than him being revived by SSB, so that's bullshit.

F Zero barely has anything about Captain Falcon, his fame is mostly thanks to Smash, same as Ness and Lucas.

He's the fucking protagonist and has an entire story mode in GX. Mother also had its fans. Roy is 100% SSB original and even had design tweaks in order to fit in better.

The only thing I hate about Byleth now is finishing off Fighter Pass 1 when the planets were aligning for Dante. Fun, creative and female is hot.

he's only famous within smash
he's like the least relevant lord, his pacifist attitude is already done better by marth, his "weak child lord" theme is done better by leif and seliph

People like earthbound for it’s humor and dark themes though and Porky is a beloved character despite no smash backing

Hell if Smash was what propped up the niche franchises we’d have a Pikmin 4 already but the franchise is so devoid of content that every fucking discussion of it brings up some random eceleb muppet that liked it instead, and the only reason FE is alive is not because smash, but because Awakening saved it’s ass

Are you retarded? First you say X, probably thinking it being a n64 game would validate your retarded point, but it barely has any Captain Falcon in it, then you try to use roy when everything except Design was made up for Smash Brothers.

>history revisionism
Why do I keep forgetting this place has been overrun by zoomers.

Wouldn't even be popular enough to be an assist trophy if he wasn't shill picked in melee, by far the worst addition to the roster

Is Ike really the "if you become my enemy, I will do what I must" god slaying chad everyone memes him to be? That comparison with Corrin crying for everyone to stop fighting?

He was in the localization, but I don't know if that's how he acted in the original script.

Attached: based.png (1181x671, 1.5M)

>not even just "you leave me no choice" but "I am going to MAKE it hurt"
Holy fucking shit. Radiant Dawn sounds amazing.

So he's popular because he's in a fighting game and gamers like playing him? I don't think that's undeserved fame. No one knew who the Street Fighter 2 characters were besides some quick bio but it was their gameplay that made people fell in love with them. And if you gonna say he's just a clone, well, so was Ken, and he got fans too.
tl;dr: you're thinking too much about it, it's just another character and every one of them has it's fans.

I hate roy and every time his fucked balance comes into question all the royfags go "but muh noodle" as if that fucking excuses his absurd frame data and kill power.

Attached: 1645328994922.jpg (496x488, 32.76K)

Roy gives me hell on Captain Falcon's classic mode. What the fuck happened to him everything is complaining about when I search complaints?

It’s an amazing game albeit rough around the edges

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! YOU WILL LIKE ROY AND MAIN HIM OR WILL MAKE YOU!

Attached: 1654710538824.png (290x368, 27.2K)

in binding blade you kinda learn to love him a bit. yes he's deadweight for most of the game but that's endearing. the lord doesn't stomp shit, you have to kind of baby him so he can get to the end safely until he gets powered up near the end of the game.
his appearance in smash bros was a mistake, because smash roy is effectively a different character entirely. people think of him as some "le badass fire swordfighter dude xD", mindlessly shouting "roy's our boy!" without ever knowing the horrors of binding blade chapter 7 hard mode. everything about him in melee and 4/ultimate was totally made up from thin air to distinguish him as his clone; his reverse grip, his "inner side of the blade is stronger", the dumb redesign, it's all nonsense.
sakurai's headcanon has severely harmed the reputation of some characters, in and outside of smash. the only good thing he's done is captain falcon, everything else blows. the aforementioned roy. ganon's sword. donkey kong's dumb grunts and lack of humor. wario being le epic fart man. him and his pride and ego have made the image of characters to secondaries a facsimile of what they actually are.

Attached: file.png (528x624, 315.64K)