Is it even possible to discuss this game without the thread dying 20 replies in?

Is it even possible to discuss this game without the thread dying 20 replies in?

Attached: _2077_.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aA0KgaW513g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why discuss a doo doo game m

Trust in the plan

Attached: SOON™.jpg (973x102, 13.38K)

Let It die
Rest in piss

What do you want to discuss?

Attached: 1622991253989.webm (1000x563, 1.2M)

What's there to discuss. It was either shallow spoon feeding, forcing every connection, easter-egg and "secret" in your face with stuff blatantly written out in shards or anything that might've had depth wasn't there because..
>wE thInk ItS a GreA Story TellinG To leaVe thIngs UnfINIShed On purpose

It looks pretty for one non-completionist play-trough. That's about it. What can you discuss in that? Start asking more and it falls apart like card house. Nice game, just sad they couldn't to at least the obvious things this lore and world would allow.

Attached: definite_immersion_v1p52.webm (400x250, 2.02M)

All the stuff regarding NightCorp, Mr. Blue Eyes the monks, the tarot, etc is pretty well hidden.

It's the game with the most amount of non-endings i've ever seen.

I THOUGHT THE STORY WAS REALLY GOOD AND IT WAS ONE OF THE FEW IF ONLY GAMES TO REPEATEDLY TALK ABOUT SUICIDE IN NUANCED WAYS. THE WAY THEY KEPT RETURNING TO THE SAME FEW THEMES FOR SIDE MISSIONS A LA NIER AUTOMATA ADDED DEPTH TO THE MAIN PLOT'S THEMES IN A WAY THAT DID HOLD YOUR HAND AND LET YOU REFLECT ON WHAT THE GAME WAS ALL ABOUT. THE CALLS IN THE SUICIDE ENDING CREDITS WERE REALLY POWERFUL AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A STRONG ANTI-SUICIDE MESSAGE THAT DIDN'T JUST SAY "DON'T KILL URSELF OKAY THANKS BYE" AND THE FACT THEY WOULD PLAY THIS IF YOU FAILED JOHNNY'S SOLO RAID ON ARASAKA RECONTEXTUALISED ALL OF HIS DECISIONS THE LAST TIME HE RAIDED THE TOWER. I REALLY WISH PEOPLE WOULD GET OVER THEIR ANALPAIN FOR THE BAD RELEASE AND TRY TO APPRECIATE WHAT THEY SUCCEEDED AT AT THIS POINT.

Attached: LISTEN TO ME.jfif.jpg (626x782, 111.69K)

What is there to discuss exactly? Story was nice but every side gig is the same "sneak/shoot way through building and assassinate thing/steal thing and then leave".

BROS I WANT MORE CONTENT FUCK CD PROJEKT RED

Dunno. Never felt like having an EUREKA moment where you get stuck, search around, have to look from various points of views to proceed.
In 2077 you just click a quest marker and get carted along any mini-story effortlessly. All you really need to do is read and scan everything along the way. And since the interactable items are so few and alike, it's basically just readings trough a bunch of logs. Not looking for special key, book, or text one physical game world note. If you get what i mean.

Highwayman was a little like real riddle, but it was too much of the opposite - like, if you don't know all the bits beforehand, there is no real way to properly piece them all together. AFAIK i found the bike randomly just exploring around All Foods and doing hacks with garage door and keypad.

>wE thInk ItS a GreA Story TellinG To leaVe thIngs UnfINIShed On purpose
Their cope excuse was that it's the supposed to be a bleak and depressing setting and things don't always tie up nicely to excuse the fact that they didn't have time to come up with a satisfying conclusion for tons of things

>I REALLY WISH PEOPLE WOULD GET OVER THEIR ANALPAIN FOR THE BAD RELEASE AND TRY TO APPRECIATE WHAT THEY SUCCEEDED AT AT
This is where you lost me. They outright lied to your fucking face, and you're saying that's okay because the game had other good things. Okay, how about having choices that affect the outcome? Actual choices, like Witcher 3? Not "do Panam sidequest for Panam ending, do Johnny sidequest for Rogue ending"?

What do you want to discuss? game's garbage simple as.

>Another bug fix and stability patch
wohoo!

You can see she died a little inside after seeing the NPC T-pose.

>CONTENT
Content focus is one of main problems with this and other games. They constantly need new voice lines, animations, car and weapon designs etc. Because the core engine doesn't provide enough freedom for player to augment world and story with his own content. You're either locked in curated content story or left in static backdrop.

It's a lack of balance between sandbox and story. E.g. you wouldn't need new cars designs if you could tune existing ones. Similarly for other aspects. And that's why people obsess about shallow stuff like glitching animations, because there is nothing beyond that to see. Can you taunt NPCs to do something interesting or make them react by your looks, actions. Or gangs? No. All you can do is observe their static behavior. And notice all the little errors.

What do you want to discuss OP?

I didn't say it was alright. The execs at CDPR burned themselves badly, but I feel awful for the actual devs themselves who don't get their work appreciated at all because people are still mad at the release. And, idk, it honestly was never unplayably buggy for me, and not remotely the worst AAA game I'd bought in terms of bugs. Plus the actual version that's out now works fine across all platforms.

>actual choices that affect the outcome
>like Witcher 3
I don't get what these supposed choices in TW3 were that were SO much better than Cyberpunk. Kiera Metz appearing during the big battle with the Wild Hunt?
Cyberpunk has choices, and not even just the ones you say don't count for no reason (which is retarded because you can VERY different finales to the game, which themselves have further choices and varying details within them). Most people honestly miss them because they're not telegraphed blatantly enough. Every location-based side mission you do and how you do it will change how that location functions. Kill everyone inside? Building is closed down by the cops for investigation, late reopens with new management, often with a new vendor inside. Do the Jotaro hit job before meeting Woodman; you can now intimidate him about it. Save Brick in the Maelstrom mission; he will help you later on in the Bes Isis mission. Don't save Brick; Royce will be there and be much more hostile. Kill both Brick and Royce; a new nutcase boss takes over the gang and it becomes a shootout. Side with Netwatch; Voodoo Boyz are hostile, Placide is a boss. Side with Voodoo Boyz; a whole enemy type is gone from the map and a side quest changes entirely. Stats and skills change routes through levels all the time too.

Not saying it was some great example of choice impact, but I really don't see how TW3 did it significantly better. I've played through both multiple times and most big choices in TW3 only result in a new bit of dialogue during a mission that always plays the same.

I'm fine with the loose ending. OTOH they could've at least shuffled the numbers, locations or maybe even bosses. Otherwise except for the worst ending they all felt like flavor endings. Not different stories.

But there's a lot of street stories and other stuff, that would've made a nice detective quest for player to dig around city to find more. E.g. the one about the priests sons BD, You can find dead chick trying to buy it. You can even sneak up on mealstrom gang shooting a guy with one saying "its the one who scrolled BDxxxx". There is no option to confront the gang or do anything with this info after. While you have active quest supposedly looking for this exact guy. Nah, good work V for getting me the tape, hope we find the guy someday.

>Played game as soon as I could pirate it
>Game was a buggy mess, but was also just a shit game
>A year and a half later
>Decide to repirate it because people say it's good now
>Game is still a buggy mess and still a shit game, even with mods

Yeah if you autistically hate on it as if it were 2020.

hey, that's not fair, they might give us a reskinned vehicle or a new jacket!!!

How the fuck do you get that gun? I always see it in advertisements ingame but never see it.

>Most people honestly miss them because they're not telegraphed blatantly enough
Oh, you drank the Pawel Sasko koolaid
youtu.be/aA0KgaW513g
None of this exists in Cyberpunk. "Do mission" or "don't do mission to get a red palette swap of a car you already own" isn't a choice. Beating Fingers or talking to Woodsman about Jotaro are actual choices with some consequence. Shit like "Meredith/Gilchrist" "NetWatch/Voodoo Boys" "spare/kill Sasquatch/Oda" or "take down random thug boss found inside a *insert gang name here* warehouse lethal or non-lethal" or the rest of the entire game mean nothing because absolutely nothing happens.

Attached: No choices.jpg (1870x809, 401.99K)

i think its one of the plastic temp guns you can buy in certain vending machines

This.

You chose to do those sidequests.

i can't believe the cyberpunk shilling operation on /vg/ is still going on. how much are they paying these people?

I bet this game could’ve ended up decent if Keanu Reeves didn’t jump on board. You can easily tell that derailed the whole project just from playing the game.

what is there to discuss? 1.5 made a lot of surface improvements but it's the same bad game it was on release, fundamentally. what's left to be said? it doesn't really deserve or need any threads until its DLC comes out imo

But the main quest is shit without choices as well

The trick is not using that picture. Just use other and not yellow.

How is this shit still broken? Bethesda Games are more stable than this shit

ya I really hate went celebs get shoe-horned into games and suck up all the budget for the game making the game shittier

I mostly agree, though to their credit, if you're an autist like me and actually read all of the shards, there's an insane amount of interconectedness to these side missions when it comes to side-plots. Once or twice they mention or imply, without markers, that there's an item somewhere for you to collect that you're unlikely to trip over otherwise.
Best example I can think of it one of those Active Crime missions near corpo plaza where you can climb up to a rooftop a kill a sniper. Once you kill her, mission done. But if you actually go to the spot where she was aiming, you'll find her target dead. Read the shards and it turns out he's Weldon Holt's (the mayoral elect) relative, and that he's hanging out on that rooftop because he's part of the BD trafficking network you mentioned.

I liked that over TW3's doing the same old bandit letter of "I know I'm a bandit, but I have a child", yet none of that ever being called back to in any way.

Sorry user, but what you said is just not true. Siding with Meredith lets you bone her later which gives you a one of a kind dildo weapon. The Netwatch/Voodoo Boys thing literally either eliminates an enemy type from the entire map and alters an Active Crime quest, OR turns a huge chunk of Pacifica into hostile territory. Sparing Oda has him return in the Corpo ending. Non leathal takedowns sometimes have those enemies reappear elsewhere for some flavour text.

Your image lists main story missions which, yeah, are incredibly linear and rarely feed back on themselves (but then it undersells the ones that DO feed back), which was a choice they made so people could bee line the game faster, but the point of most of them is that they unlock entire side quest storylines where the actual choices happen and where you unlock the better endings.

Again, TW3's choices aren't much better. You always have to fight the same bosses, Vesimir always dies, main story missions always end the same way bar SOME dialogue etc.

Cuz they're not really trying to fix it or think about what's bad. They just one-shot random occurrences or patch out exploits that made exploring the game fun after you're done.

Like in current state i wouldn't even play past 40..60hrs. On launch at least i could mess around with crafting build max out, because you could profit on disassembly, so i could go for all legendary, all car and upgrade playtrough. Now many such options are locked out and turned into impossible grinds.

Attached: patch_priorities.png (428x50, 32.55K)