What are some genuinely good puzzle games? Games that actually make you think for real...

What are some genuinely good puzzle games? Games that actually make you think for real, have a good progressive pace in challenge, and have little to no way to brute force through.
>The Witness
>Zachtronic games
are the only list I have so far.

Attached: awvzBy4CY2NKeps2omt7SC8lxJNozWCe.png (934x932, 1.49M)

The witness made me fucking cry in anger. That means that it’s a good game and you should try it

Baba is You

The Looker

Baba

If you want something shorter and smaller in scope, Patrick's Parabox is pretty good.

La-Mulana 1 and 2

>tfw you will never be able to experience The Witness for the first time again
It’s not fair bros.

The Witness is one of the best puzzle games I've ever played but I definitely feel as if I somehow brute forced that one puzzle with the coloured lighting. I just couldn't figure it out. I might even be a bit colour blind.

Replace Witness with Talos Principle.

Don't they have those "1000 Logic Puzzles" or whatever activity books for old retired people in news stands where you live? Get one of those and walk around the park or something.

This game was an absolute waste of time.

Talos Principle has great puzzles, but a cringe anti-Christian story

I remember brute forcing one of the sound puzzles. The others I caught onto immediately but the third or fourth just didn't match up with what I could hear.
Fuck the one in the ship too, can't even tell where the loop begins.

I knew as soon as the great tower was shown that the developers expected me to ascend it, but I thought there would at least be a reward for not ascending it at all and instead going with the eternity ending, but getting a literal "Game over you're a retard" felt like such a slap in the face.

It's just like upon playing The Stanley Parable, everybody whom I watched play the game tried to go against the narrator's advice at every step.

This. Just read through those lateral thinking exercises

Attached: 8c61341eea874cfb2ea4784d8026da28.png (400x300, 29.62K)

You clearly didn’t understand the game.
The point is discovering rule sets through pattern recognition. The puzzles type is irrelevant

Also ||lol short guy||

He's a midget and cant reach the upper buttons unless he has an umbrella to help him

>Story in a game? Just read book/watch a movie!
>Sports games? Just go play sports outside!
>MMO? Just get friends!
I know the likelihood that you're just trolling is extraordinarily high and I'm eating the bait, but the fact that people exist that actually think like your post sickens me to no end. I hope you enjoyed your (You)

The Witness is shit and if it weren't made by Jonathan Blow (mah dick lol) nobody would ever look at it.

Greetings Jonathan I know you will read this with your webcrawler thing.

Baba is You is better

I finished (most of) the game. I think I got it. I just found it unfulfilling. "Discovering rule sets through pattern recognition" is what I do all day every day as a fully developed human being, Jonathan Blow didn't blow my mind with this astounding revelation.

Will puzzle games make me smarter if I don't use help

lol nice. I'm going with this one.