Help me understand why i hate this game

i bought this "masterpiece" during the recent steam summer sale.
i think i got 30 hours in it, and its 30 hours of pure suffering.
i think i played it 10 times since i bought it, and yesterday i just raged at the game and alt+f4'd.

i swear to god its the most boring, slow, phlegmatic and un-interesting game i have ever played.
the story is the worst.
i got 51% story completion and NOTHING IS HAPPENING AT ALL.

>take a mission
>30 minutes of horse riding, while listening to worthless, meaningless filler dialogue
>actual mission lasts 5 minutes, usually just shoot some enemies using VATS
>go back, again, 30 minutes of horse riding
>see a "secondary" random NPC encounter
>"oh hey mister! i just *pick random reason* and need to go somewhere, can you take me?
>uhhh sure, i guess
>ok cool its just 50 minutes of horse riding in the opposite direction, and i will give you absolutely no reward for doing it

but yesterday, was just too much, i actually RAGED at the fucking game.

>mission to help indians against the army or something
>expect horse riding, like always
>this time its the longest fucking ride ever
>halfway through the road, its scripted you just WALK to the destination
>50 minutes, a fucking hour, of NOTHING
>the mission is about killing 5 soldiers and getting a peace pipe back to the indian chief
>YOU SLOWLY WALK ALL THE WAY BACK

i had enough of that shit.

BEST PART:
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO HATES THIS FUCKING GAME.
I CHECKED STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS:
>30% OF PEOPLE FINISHED ACT 2

Attached: Hpl5MtwQgOVF9vJqlfui6SDB5Jl4oBSq.jpg (1024x1024, 330.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MvJPKOLDSos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Too many words where is the tl;dr?

>its the most boring, slow, phlegmatic and un-interesting game i have ever played.
Same. And I knew that already before playing it. Returned it the very next day.

RDR has never been good.

Just play it for the wild west cowboy simulator it's meant to be. Hunt some animals, sell some pelts, cook some meat at your own campsite, do some bounty hunting, rob a train, etc. Ignore the story if you're not enjoying it.

It insists upon itself.

RDR1 is good. Playing at 4K on series X. The shooting physics are amazing and the horse runs fast everywhere you want to go.

The first one is a 9/10 and RDR2 is a 5/10 due to how slow and tedious it is.

Also for some reason at 1080p ultra everything on Pc the antialiasing is fucked and makes the game look like shit, only playable with DLSS which screws up small things like hair textures

Can anybody even say why is this game popular at all?
70% of people who bought it stopped playing it after the tutorial.

what the fuck.

Attached: 0789078hg092u.jpg (640x480, 165.31K)

and its just too big.
feels like its 5000 miles by 5000 miles of just empty plains, and you have to fucking horse ride everywhere through that boring ass shit just to get to a mission that lasts 5 minutes, involving killing some random NPC's, and then going back.

>70% of people who bought it stopped playing it after the tutorial
Isn't that the case for every game for probably at least 10 years now?

I got it for free on One X and I still want my money back
It is realistic and immersive but being forced to do shit in 1 precise way is fucked up

I don't mind the huge map and slow horse as much, but the downgraded physics really pisses me off. The missions are all garbage handholding with no freedom but its an open world game so whatever.

Same thing as the ragdoll / combat downgrade of dying light 2 vs dying light 1. Or GTA 5 vs GTA 4. Just really nonsensical and ruins everything for me

well shit i sure hope not.
i just checked a few of my games and its not the case with the ones i got.

It has better physics that GTA IV and V though.

No, ragdolls and shooting of RDR1 and GTA4 mog GTA V and RDR2

i cant even fuck around in this game for fun, the cops ride in after 3 seconds.

>try to play this game
>shoot the first person i see in the head every time after talkin shit to them

i don't understand how you can actually paly this game, i just want to ride around shooting people in the head etc

I hate these third person shooter games where the whole gameplay is revolves around hiding behind obstacles and playing whack a mole with other npcs doing the same to you.

It's the gameplay of GTA IV (2008) without the City. And Westerns in general are boring and predictable as fuck.

Which games are you talking about specifically? I just checked and even the original RDR has a lower completion rate.

>mission to help indians against the army or something
That´s a retarded premise.

what got to me was the hot air balloon mission. youre instructed to hold down A when told while listening to some dialogue. "push A" should not be acceptable gameplay in any game, ever. there is no gameplay in RDR2. the "game" design or lack thereof is shockingly inferior. you dont see this laziness in the worst games in history. its amazing they got away with this.
i tried and i tried but got so fed up with RDR2 i shelved it at 60 percent and eventually purged it from my hard drive

Rockstar fell off after RDR1.

>pirated it after all the reddit hype for it
>played for an hour
>dropped
Movie game.

>Rockstar's Game Design is Outdated
youtu.be/MvJPKOLDSos

Normalfags love chore simulators and are impressed by wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle game design.

It filters the midwits.

Thats what I want too, and RDR1 was great for that.

The bounty system is just too fucked in 2. Constant nonstop bounty hunter attacks if you commit crimes.

The mask doesn't even work because you have to change you clothes too without fast travel due to bounty. So its a slow walk to camp every time or unlimited bounty hunters every 10 mins

I´d say it´s to be expected with these old games, people just buy it on sale and never touch it.

Best game I’ve ever played, sorry your ADHD riddled brain is too damaged to appreciate art. That’s the way it is, I suppose. Fortnite might be more your speed.