Not shitposting. Is Strive good? Been thinking of getting into another fightan besides Tekken 7...

Not shitposting. Is Strive good? Been thinking of getting into another fightan besides Tekken 7. I looked into Melty and KoF, but I don't know what to look out for in terms of mechanics and overall playerbase.
The Bridget fiasco regarding his gender or whatever piqued my interest

Attached: 1659919322885092.gif (500x561, 501.97K)

no the game blows dick and feels like shit to play
play mbaacc it fucks

Attached: FII4YxeaUAAUI-H.jpg (700x1000, 494.52K)

It's ok if you want to get used to 2D fightans. I find it trash in all regards, but can't deny that it's pretty simple and can teach you fundamentals

It's pretty good as a fighting game. Anime fans don't like it because it's dumbed down and more neutral heavy. But it's still a retarded anime fighter and it's fun. There isn't as much depth as xrd tho.

Strive is really mediocre for gameplay and if you're going into Strive from Tekken you're likely to pick up on its flaws much faster.

play a match against a Happy Chaos and decide for yourself

This, honestly. I really enjoy it, but I understand why most people don't. It's definitely one of the easier 2d fighters to pick up and play, and it only took me around 40 hours to hit celestial despite having minimal fighting game experience. It's biggest boon is that it's pretty active and easy enough to find matches, and locals if you live in a bigger city.

Strive is good, biggest problem some have with the game is that its been simplified compared to previous titles. But if you can enjoy both complex and simpler fighters or you just haven't played GG before this is literally a nothingburger to you.

KOFXV is the best fighting game out right now imo, but the matchmaking problems are a big strike against it.

Attached: 1550984979499.png (318x509, 213.86K)

He "fail"ed for it.

strive is boring and shit

the only decent fighting games out right now with healthy playerbases are tekken and dbfz, the rest are boring with sjw communities, unless you like other anime fighters (they're probably dead though)

No modern fighting game is actually good because they all force you to buy DLC. Melty Blood is currently the best, but they're planning to charge for new characters next year so fuck that.

>tranime wants to play tranime garbage
sure

they removed Instant Kills, the cast is even further pared down from the already pared-down Xrd roster, and to top it all off the game's 40 bucks before DLC.
save $10 and buy 2 copies of XXAC+ then cajole a friend into playing it with you.

Attached: zappa sings a song.png (500x375, 190.14K)

It's a worse SFV

Strive is decent for beginners but it's only fun for the first few hours and then it gets real fuckin boring. You can buy it if you want but +R often goers on sale for like 3 bucks and is just a better game.

Strive is fine. It's boring as shit to watch but a good enough game to play.
SFV and DBFZ are better, especially since you're already coming from an actually good game and have a frame of reference.

I bought it because people said it's a good start for new people who suck at fighting games, haven't played it yet, will let you know in a couple years

Attached: 1654711793459.jpg (604x604, 31.6K)

French Bread has literally 13 employees, nigga. If you can't be arsed to pay them for their hard work then you're an asshole.

It's fun.

Attached: 1633212899987.png (161x88, 26.08K)

I started playing about two months ago on PS5 and it's pretty cool. I don't understand why people say it's shit, its heads and shoulders over any other fighting game that exists right now except SF5 and DBFZ (personal preference)

I smell some elitism about how they might have simplified a few systems from previous GuiltyGear games, so basically its whiners whining for gatekeeping purposes. So fuck em

Game gets revitalised every time a DLC character gets released and cross-play is to come soon

It's not even a Guilty Gear game

You're gonna have to elaborate further on that shit take. I see everything that makes GG a GG game in Strive. Characters, music, gameplay, everything is there