OLED vs LCD

Well Any Forums?

Attached: 1629836332043.jpg (2532x1170, 199.48K)

only a subhuman LED user would even ask this

On which device?
A TV? OLED no question.
A phone? OLED again.
VR Headset? OLED

Attached: EQh9D61X0AURDK_.jpg (1200x675, 105.91K)

Different LCD brands have different methodologies for dark scenes like this. Samsung suppresses the highlights to preserve black levels whilst Sony boosts highlights at the expense of possible blooming. In reality unless you're in a pitch black room OLED is inferior and overpriced. I own an LG OLED and regret it. Daytime performance is fucking garbage.

They're both riddled with uniformity issues, motion blur and input lag.
But OLED wins i guess because it has slightly better contrast. Still inferior to Plasma though, hilariously enough.

Now test with bright scene.
OLED has piss poor brightness due to ABL

I've owned an LG CX for 2 years and now a Samsung S95b which is the new QD OLED technology.

Of the two, I prefer the S95b for HDR gaming and the CX for HDR movies. On the latter I like the Cinema Home picture preset especially in Dolby Vision. Samsung doesn't have Dolby Vision and only has 4 basic picture presets.

The S95b has probably what I'd consider the best gaming picture mode I've ever seen. Bright as hell with the perfect blacks of OLED.

Having said that, the tv enthusiast community is among the most toxic you will ever see. There are forums out there where they spend more time seeking "perfect accuracy" and "creators intent" than actually watching thr damn TV.

Very often those metrics even look like garbage and nerf all those fancy processing you are paying all that premium on

Is OLED overrated? Frankly unless you are watching in a pitch black room, then yes.

I agree about the TV community being toxic. Very rarely do they want to admit the shortcomings of their TV especially the OLED community who insist OLED is unbeatable and the best at everything. Even as someone who owns an OLED myself these people annoy the fuck out of me when I list some obvious downsides about it and these people start lashing out like I just insulted their mother or something. Really fucking toxic.

Anyway back to the TVs, I've seen a few vids about the S95B and it sounds great if you're viewing in a darker environment but as with all OLEDs it still has annoying ABL which caps out at like 200 nits or something. OLED will always be inferior to LCD imo till they can fix the ABL issue and till they can get at least 500 nits across a white screen like even mid range LCDs can do now. I doubt that will come before microLED becomes affordable though. OLED tech is short lived for that reason. Kinda like plasma in a way. LCDs will always be around because the tech is so scalable.

microLED

Attached: 1656540890266.jpg (1034x1264, 192.73K)

this just looks like the brightness or contrast is different

One day hopefully

Do plasma screens still have burn-in issues? I had one for a couple years way back and after a while my fucking start bar burned into it.

Qdoled.
Best of both worlds, but fucking expensive at the moment.

imagine not using 100 nits which is the SDR mastering brightness.
as for HDR, my c1 gets so bright I reduce oled light to 80-90.
I bet you retards use your phones at 100% brightness in the dark too lol

>vr headset
oled is sadly kind of disappointing in that context, for some reason the way the lenses work it whites out the image, exact opposite effect you'd expect from an oled.

>post on Any Forums to grandstand about monitors and darkness clarity in particular
>use a 480p image filled with artifacts and uneven colors from having been uploaded to and redownloaded from reddit so many times

Attached: 1658885654385802.jpg (583x465, 24.79K)

>see post on Any Forums about monitors and technology
>click
>they are actually talking about TVs

No one gives a shit about mastering standards or any of that bullshit

yes, chads do
I took the screenshot myself from a youtube video (hdtvtest channel) but nice try nerd

Isn't Sammy QLED badass as fuck?

no it’s not

Just get a VA, same exact effect for way cheaper.

Attached: IPSvsVA7.jpg (1599x564, 63.34K)

well there are barely any oled monitors

More like neckbeard virgins do. The only standard that matters is your own two eyes.

Their TVs are the best selling in the world because they're visually pleasing with rich vibrant colours and people are happy with it. Only neckbeards like the guy I'm replying to above care about muh standards. If you follow these so called "standards" you'll get the most dull yellow tinted image with fuck all colour saturation. It's just retards acting like they're holier than thou