Is there a way to kill this fuck?

I am a zoomer playing deus ex for the first time. I was told this game has meaningful choices and it is the grandaddy of immersive sims, but I can't side with unatco and kill my traitorous brother? I tried fighting him and it seems he has infinite health so what gives?

Attached: pd.jpg (250x376, 15.73K)

You can get him killed after you betray UNACTO but yeah at that point it's too late.

Use explosives, dumbass!

The GEP gun is always the most silent way to kill Paul.

I mined the doorways and baited him into running after me, but it has no effect on him. I tried every combination of my tools and nothing works.
Damn, didn't expect such linearity from a game this well praised. I guess these "meaningful choices" will come at a later point.

It came out in 2000, zoomie. Linearity was the norm back then, nothing surprising here.

Non-linear doesn't necessarily mean "branching storyline", it can also refer to mission structure.
And Deus Ex is very nonlinear in that regard, almost every problem/quest has between 2 and 6+ possible approaches.
Most of the issues can be approached in different ways, you need to get past that door?
You can try to stealthy break in. Maybe you can open it by hacking a computer somewhere.
You can blow it up with explosives. Maybe there's a NPC somewhere that can tell you the password. There's probably a secondary way to enter if you explore a bit. Maybe you can avoid entering altogether of you take a different route.

That's the kind of non-linearity you can expect, which was already very impressive at the time.
Let's be honest,the game is probably as old as you, maybe older. How many games from 20+ years ago had the kind of branching narrative you were looking for?

You're a complete jackass

Don't you have flossing practice to get to?

/thread

Zoomers are a blight on Any Forums

Do you expect me to sit here and listen to you badmouth the greatest democracy the world has ever seen?

Attached: jc.webm (638x360, 2.83M)

>not listening to la familia
WTF OP

>fraps
kino af
also, miss games where you could do batshit crazy shit like this

PROD

Gotta say, zoomer, not giving a good impression of yourself here.

gatekeeper here
stop playing our games

When I played the game the maid never pulled a gun on me. Why is she carrying one here?

Not him but Fallout 1/2. You can kill anyone that shows up as an NPC in the game, quests have multiple paths and choices, you can decide the fate of different settlements through your actions with multiple outcomes, and can even join the antagonist (even if it's basically just a game over)

The game intended you to, but they fell short on time and that never got developed

I played this game for the first time in 2004. I keep replaying it every year and I just keep discovering new shit. Imagine discovering that a company that makes the cure also makes the disease and actually it's not a company but a secret government organization whose task is to kidnap aliens. Then put that into the context of the UFO tapes release and the 2020 pandemic. I bet Warren Spector gets visited by the Secret Service quite often.

Attached: 1655156790908.gif (320x240, 2.09M)

>zoomer
>sides with globohomo
typical