I want to buy a switch. Is the OLED worth it or should I just get the regular V2 switch...

I want to buy a switch. Is the OLED worth it or should I just get the regular V2 switch? I will be playing mostly handheld but also docked. Also heard the OLED screen can get burn in.

Attached: Img_2022_08_09_19_31_49.jpg (862x1031, 324.4K)

OLED screens are the biggest tech illiterate bait with its current pricing.

So it's all a meme? The V2 is more worth it?

>OLED screen can get burn in
It WILL get burn in. Eventually. Use dark mode to postpone the fucking main menu doing it.

You might as well go for the OLED. Display autists on Youtube left the OLED on a static image at full brightness for like 1000 hours and there was zero burn in.
the OLED model was definitely just a slick way for Nintendo to raise the price of the Switch but you can look at them side by side and the OLED model genuinely looks a lot better. Doesn't justify upgrading from then normal switch by any means but if you're going in for the first time the OLED is worth the extra 50 bucks.

wdym?

Oled is worth it. Definitive way to play the console now that the pro is basically deconfirmed and we're getting the sequel next year. It has significant build and battery improvements over the v2 and lacks the hideous bezels and crappy ips panel on the og switch that even the Steam Deck puts to shame. Its only $50 more so its a no-brainer.
Don't listen to these retards. YouTube denwulf's test on the Switch oled's burn in. It didn't burn in unless looking at a static image on max brightness for over 3000 hours.

for 80 more Canacucks dollar is it still worth it?

He got ripped off buying a TN monitor and is seething hard.

>I will be playing mostly handheld but also docked.
100% get an OLED model in this case. Ignore the burn in shitposters.

I think it's better to spend money on pro controller or sd card or screen protector or another joy con pair or carrying case or something else

Attached: switch.png (955x875, 160.23K)

probably

Assuming that's equivalent to 50 more burger dollars so yes. Go either Lite or Oled unless you want it docked and blown up on a 4k tv for whatever reason, but since you're considering the battery I imagine handheld will be more important to you.

V2/lite if you don't care about pirating V1 if you care about pirating

OLED model has better screen colours, especially blacks, but it also has a smaller bezel, better speakers and a better stand. it is absolutely worth the price imo

depends on how you use it. oled for hand held pro remote and regular switch for deck

plus double the internal storage (which is still laughably small) and an ethernet port on the dock so also small QOL changes that don't hurt

you can use a mini SD card for both

>Don't listen to these retards. YouTube denwulf's test on the Switch oled's burn in. It didn't burn in unless looking at a static image on max brightness for over 3000 hours.
I'm pretty bad at video games, so this may well happen to me.

the internal storage is faster

>better blacks
don't care, I hate niggers.
>smaller bezel
NO thanks, I don't want AIDS.
>better speakers
I only listen to youtube while gaming
>better stand
Ok, I'll take 10.

that's interesting to know, I'm gonna move patches and DLC data on mine to internal. Would it potentially help a physical game load faster to have whatever downloaded portions on internal rather than the microSD?