Man, HL2 still looks good. It really did age line fine wine

Man, HL2 still looks good. It really did age line fine wine.

Attached: HL2.png (1280x641, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q-08KCheaGg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It still looks good, and its also still boring af

is this the tiny gman level?

post that pic with melon

Adults only in this thread

It has been updated over the years so the current version has better graphics than the original, but the original still does look good. Proof that art style matters way more than polygon count.

>600p
>Room is just like 50 polygons
>like 4 props
>2 ugly ass models but with great facial animations
Still looks good

Proof that a good lighting and texture work go miles on making your game look good, if I'd had to point out any issue it's probably the weird shadows but it's a 2004 game anyways.

I love Half Life 2 but it's aged like dogshit
Look at this grass
Half the game is ugly af now if you take off the nostalgia filter
Even the gameplay is mediocre at best
Valve games have always been tech demos and they're at their best when they're showing off new technology. Half Life 2 does an amazing job of using the framework of a somewhat basic first person shooter to show off revolutionary for its time physics, AI, facial animations, environmental narrative, and shader technology.
A zoomer playing this game today would get bored quick.

forgot to attach the pic lol

Attached: 563px-Route_kanal_2.jpg (563x450, 151.69K)

Looks so nice. Love that artstyle. Every time I replay this game it's better than the last. One of the only games I've ever known to do that, even though I started off hating it and thinking it was overrated.

Wow oh my god it looks completely fine! Great even. WOah

It was so strange when HL2 came out theres Doom 3, Far Cry and Fear all having dynamic shadows and special effects, yet HL2 I still find the most plesant to look at.

Is it the lightning? Anyone know what they did differently to say Unreal engine?

*absolutely rapes, demolishes beats, and btfo's OP in his stupid face*
heh, nothing personal.
*ends thread, any comments below are simply not valid*

Attached: test.png (1920x1080, 3.23M)

youtube.com/watch?v=q-08KCheaGg

Attached: 1640864535443.jpg (1920x1080, 347.13K)

HL2: Update

Attached: 1640728974427.jpg (1920x1080, 412.9K)

Pc games always do.

yea and if u want a multiplayer horror experience for half life 2 try zombie panic source, co-op horror, free on steam

Looks fine to me. Still really fun, too.
-t. zoomer who only played it for the first time in 2017

the realism immerses you more so when u do actiony stuff it's sooo badass

nah the game is awesome. If a zoomers dislikes, it's probably because he doesn't play anything outside of twitch stuff.

I think there's some kind of weird uncanny valley effect going on with these engines. Like Doom 3's lighting engine is more capable but it's doesn't get close enough to actually looking realistic so it looks kind of weird. Source obviously isn't real but it gets enough right with its reflections and ambient effects to make it feel way more natural.

>A zoomer playing this game today would get bored quick.
speak for youself

Its not supposed to be grass dumbo, its toxic waste.
Also it looks good