Unironically better than Nintendo 64

Unironically better than Nintendo 64

Attached: D9B4B75D-7746-41AB-A5A1-B55712E23999.jpg (1600x1600, 519.91K)

All Sega consoles are better than nintendo trash.

Only if you lived in japan. Saturn had absolute garbage support in the west and this was before you could buy any game on the internet easily. After the first year, every retailer gave the Saturn the PSP/Vita treatment and was in the dark corners in every store.

Name one game that's for the saturn that isn't a fighting or racing game that isn't complete nigger shit.

Shining Force 3

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Can name a few.
Radiant Silvergun
Night Striker S
Battle Garegga
Hyper Duel
Batsugun
Blast Wind
Guardian Heroes
Layer Section / Galactic Attack
Darius Gaiden
Sexy Parodius
Dynamite Deka / Die Hard Arcade
Saturn Bomberman
Batsugun

Anyone who seriously believes this is a complete retard. Its controller was the best part about it. Too bad it wasn't all in on the 2D focus.

Attached: EFQCCZ1WwAllMwn.jpg (1500x761, 90.12K)

My bad, listed Batsugun twice.
I'm groggy.
Also this , Panzer Dragoon Zwei, NiGHTS, Burning Rangers, and Virtual-On.

I think the wrong company got forced out

>Never heard of any of these games

Maybe if all you played was fighting games and RPGs. The Saturn was only on the market for like 4 years and had pretty horrible support in the US. I'm not sure where all of these contrarian opinions are coming from where the people saying this have probably never actually played what they're talking about.

I have a Saturn with an ODE and having the ability to play whatever I want on it still hardly ever gets me to turn it on. It's pretty much a Panzer Dragoon Saga and Darkstalkers 3 machine. I'd play Bomberman too but I'm not shilling out for a multitap and 2 more controllers in the current shit market.

>I'm not shilling out for a multitap
Glad I got mine when I did, for $20 several years ago. Pic related.

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 5.45K)

>Maybe if all you played was fighting games and RPGs.
I still play shmups on mine. While pretty much everything can be emulated nowadays, the Saturn was the only way to play those games at home back then, and they still have exclusive modes/ other content that makes them better than the arcade versions. (Story mode in Radiant Silvergun, for example)

I had one. I had
Virtua Fighter 2
Sega Rally
Worldwide Soccer 97
Clockwork Knight
Bug!
Virtua Cop 2

Solid enough compared to Playstation

The sad truth about the Saturnfag.

Attached: Saturnfags BTFO.png (1856x176, 33.5K)

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 75.06K)

The most popular games on Playstation were MGS, Gran Turismo and FFVII and they didn't come out until 1998. Saturn had the multi plats like Tomb Raider and Street Fighter so there really wasn't much to choose between them in 95 to 97. PS was just cheaper

Saturn was just a slightly better 3DO, which isn't as bad as it's memed to be either.

I should reiterate that I don't think the Saturn has bad games at all. I just think the overall package is lacking and it didn't do anything groundbreaking when it needed to. It did a good job appealing to people who are hardcore in certain niches like you with shmups and me with fighting games. Hell some of the Vs games on the Saturn are still the ONLY ones that have a training mode.

I just mean in terms of what you were getting for what you paid for it wasn't worth it. You were paying $800 dollars in todays cash for the ability to play arcade games at your house with some extra goodies. And that $800 was before you even bought the games. It's a fun novelty today now that you can get them for cheapish.

>It's a fun novelty today now that you can get them for cheapish.
Too bad the games are ridiculously expensive now. Glad I got most of my retro collecting done before the stimmy checks hit in 2020 which fucked everything up irreparably. The bubble will never pop.

I got mine for cheap but never bought any games just the ODE. I figured if I was to buy an expensive Saturn game it would have to be one I REALLY like. I don't think prices will ever return to normal, but they will go down because people are doing just that, buying ODEs instead of spending an arm and a leg for an old console with one game. More and more consoles are getting them these days and some require no soldering and are plug and play.

>More and more consoles are getting them these days and some require no soldering and are plug and play.
I may have to invest in one if that's the case. I'll still keep my games (even though I could sell PD Saga for a small fortune) but it'd be nice to not need to take them out of their cases. Especially with Saga where I have to be REALLY careful with the discs since they're each worth $300+.

The Fenrir for the Saturn is completely plug and play, but you remove the disc drive. If you still wanna play discs it might be worth it to buy a cheap Japanese Saturn and just install it in that, there is another ODE that keeps the disc drive but I think that one requires soldering. It was a no brainer for me since I don't own any Saturn discs. Definitely something to consider though.

Now you have.

>>Never heard of any of these games
>never heard of Panzer Dragoon Saga, one of the holy grails of gaming
You need to be 18+ to post on this site.

Ever notice how everyone that dick rides Panzer Dragoon Saga can't actually explain what's so remarkable about it? Sounds like Earthbound fanboy syndrome to me.