What was the last Pokemon game you played?

Not posting this in Any Forums because I want to ask people who don't play Pokemon anymore: What was the last Pokemon game you played? Did you finish it?

I bought X and Y to play with my girlfriend when it came out, but I was really turned off by being stopped every 5 feet by annoying NPC's, and being bombarded with useless features. I didn't care about any of the characters or Pokemon, and while I thought customizing your character is cool, I just couldn't get into it. I think I quit playing after the third city, and I haven't cared about Pokemon since. I don't think my gf played hers much, either, felt like a waste of 80 bucks.

So how about you, did you have a moment like that where you just stopped caring?

Attached: pokemon.png (225x225, 10.27K)

When Sun/Moon was even worse with being stopped with unskippable bullshit

BDSP was so fucking bad that it made me quit Pokemon altogether

Black 2.
Everything after had the soul and keno slurped out it via a straw by fat, ugly, wrinkly, beady eyed investorys.

Currently playing through the pokemon games, in the middle of White right now

Sword. It was pretty okay.

the last one I finished was BW2 like 6 months ago but I recently went back to my copy of Y and farmed a bunch of cash to buy the clothes I was missing and do some other shit like trying my hand at the battle maison

Fire Red i'm pretty sure was my last one. Haven't given a shit about the series since but still fap to Pokegirls.

XY and then ORAS. didnt buy gen 7 but played on showdown. occasionally ill play random monotype on showdown or i play gen 3 games on emulator. the only way id buy a new pokemon game is if its a mystery dungeon with lots of content.

pokemon unite. utter trash. people surrender all game and its pay to win.

Legends Arceus

It had some of the same issues you mentioned but once it lets you loose it's pretty fun and is a relaxing game, I liked it a lot. I havent 100% complete it yet but it's a game I'll go back to every few months.

I would call it a guilty pleasure though since there's a lot wrong with it (jank battle system, ugly graphics, grindy checkbox progression system, WORDS WORDS WORDS WRODS).

I don't think I'll ever have a moment where I stop caring. I just really like training Pokemon. I'm actually playing LGPE currently just to see how it compares with RBY and FRLG. It has better fights than RBY and FRLG and catching starters in the wild is cool but the catching in LGPE is so shit, I hate that I have to do it to grind levels. Otherwise it's solid.

Attached: d97643e1bb943f383840d15f2db26391.png (1000x838, 478.24K)

Pokemon Y
650 hours

Legends Arceus. The last one before that was probably black/white. I watched a bit of gameplay after arceus came out and found myself really wanting to give it a go, despite how shoddy it looked. It's basically rough edges all the way around, but there was still something pretty enjoyable there. Being able to throw shit at/otherwise actually interact with the monsters in a monster catching game gives it a certain charm that other games just don't have. I think there's a really fucking good game in there if gamefreak can pull their head out of their ass and actually roll with one of their good ideas instead of ditching it for a new gimmick.

Fire Red/Leaf Green were the ones I ever gave a shit about. Played one of them somewhat recently... Don't think I finished it though. Might take another look at my party.

I've never player pokemon, should I start caring?

Pokemon Legends and I genuinely loved it.
Hated Sword & Shield though, and was disappointed with Sun & Moon.

you should try emulating one of the games and see if it clicks with you

honestly if you didn't get into it as a kid it's probably hard to get into as an adult

Y actually brought a large interest in pokemon back again as weird as it is to actually say that because looking back now I fucking hate it. It was much easier to do things like EVs and IVs so I dipped my toe in more "competitive" pokemon. Friend safaris and such brought some interesting social aspects. It didn't last long though, after realizing how much effort it took to IV breed just one perfect torchic and realizing my preferred style of gameplay, aggro, gets fucked hard. Megas were cool, most of the game was a fever dream that I have to actually try to remember.
OR stopped any momentum Y had for me. I was a massive hoennfag and I felt it was just poor effort. It looked bad, it ran bad, it sounded bad, I didn't like most redesigns, etc. To the point where I set it down after the delta episode, which I also didn't like, and didn't do any legendary hunts or E4 rechallenge.
I pirated moon and stopped there. I finished it but like OR I didn't even bother with any post game content. It had good pokemon selection though, it's rare that I actually want more than 6 pokes on my team and I was constantly rotating guys.

I still replay older games on occasion but not often, it's so boring to me now that I'd rather do anything else and even if you know what you're doing they still take a good ~20-25 hours to clear unless you're speedrunning, which is time I usually just can't commit to anymore.
Thank you for reading my blog.

Attached: 1583081133941.jpg (2048x1536, 1.16M)

I see, it sound like chained down by nostalgia or ending up being very fond of its world's setting as you keep yourself immersed.

I was 7 or 8 when Blue/Red came out and I got caught in the zietgeist. Gold/Silver were mindblowing.
Then I stopped playing for many generations and decided to pick up X on the 3DS - holy shit it was awful; didn't finish it.

USUM was the last one I played, kind of a shameful purchase. It's not like I didn't know it had literally nothing, I was there for the leaks and saw it had literally nothing, but I guess I was around the age where I felt fancy that I could buy shit and had more money then.
I don't even think that much of Gen 8 and whatever follows. I won't even bother telling the people that bought or intend to buy them to grow up or whatever. I kind of just tried to broaden my horizon and get out of the Pokémon bubble, and I feel better about it. I'm mostly in different bubbles now so again, I don't give a shit if you buy the games, everyone knows the new gen will sell 15M+ copies regardless, nothing I can do as an individual.

USUM in gen 7, but I didn't finish it, got just under halfway because the forced tutorials and cutscenes were mind numbing.

Usually pokemon is a system seller for me but LGPE looked like it was aimed for preschool toddlers, the designs, art direction and dynamax mechanic made SWSH look like ass, and BDSP was a low effort rush job. Still don't have a switch. Legends looked like an improvement in some ways but overall still a bland empty rushed game with an awful story. Gen 9 looks decent, keeping an eye on it. Still waiting for a pokemon game that feels like it was designed for a console in the 21st century.

Sun/Moon. It was the first time where I did not enjoy the playing experience. The setting of Alola has some fresh ideas, but it treats you like you've never touched a video game before. Pokemon games all have their share of tutorials, but SM specifically tries to bring in this cinematic presentation. It drags out the length and frequently takes control from the player. At times feels like playing an episode of the TV show or something. That may have been the intention. And the story about Lusamine and her kids isn't half bad.. But its not for me.

Attached: sleep.gif (540x200, 940.99K)

does clover count?

if not i got through 10 hours of USUM before realizing the series is just dead and gone

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1280x720, 78.5K)

Mainline games? I dropped Moon after the first island. All the interruptions started to really fucking drag me down. I get that it's intended for children who've probably never played a pokemon game before, but if you're already accustomed to these sorts of games, just fucking let me go, I'm already wasting enough time grinding these pieces of shit.

I still play ROMhacks though. Clover and Radical Red are my jam at the moment.

Ultra Sun/Moon because it was the last gen with a good enough Battle Tower

One thing I don't get about modern pokemon is that they say they make the games with kids in mind and they worry that kids might switch off and play with their phones if they get bored.
Looking this thread it seems like a lot of older people get sick of all the interruptions and cutscenes but wouldn't it be worse if you were a kid because you would have less patience?

Attached: 1645307704467.jpg (1500x2368, 1.12M)