Convince me to buy one of these over a Wii U

Convince me to buy one of these over a Wii U
My TV has
>2 HDMI ports
>an AV component switch box with 3 inputs, 2 used by a PS2 and original Xbox

Reminder that HDMI switchers need to use power from a USB at least

Attached: 1200px-Wii-console.jpg (1200x1200, 124.69K)

wii2hdmi adapters are pretty good

Wii mode on WiiU is shit, has tons of input lag and the scaling looks really awful so unless you're just playing WiiU games you're better off with a hacked Wii

OP here also the HDMIs are used by the PS3 and an RGH Xbox 360

Just a friendly reminder that chasing the
>having to have all your consoles hooked up at the same time
dragon is a total collector meme
nobody should be jumping around between like 6 different consoles in one day like an ADHD sperg, just play one game at a time and move the HDMI cable over when you need to

The Wii still has a very thriving and active player base/modding community.

Check wiimmfi if you are interested in playing Wii games online (mainly MKWii).

I believe that the Wii is still pretty relevant in 2022 and I don't believe it's a bad idea purchasing one.

>he doesnt want to compare versions of games (not fucking bought a copy for each console of course but downloaded to a drive) in real time by pressing a few buttons; also making an ACTUAL comparison video using a capture card connected to the output port of the component switcher for easy as fuck switching while recording compared to fucking retards using emulators or broken backwards compatibility

I see that shit all the time in "comparison" videos"

plus I have no need to buy anything older than 6th gen or older than 7th gen (Wii U is kind of an outlier here, for Wii U I might as well emulate in this case since the console doesnt have many games I wanna play anyway)

or newer/younger than 7th gen*
fuck im tired

Attached: 1631646548612.gif (498x454, 608.46K)

you should just emulate the WiiU and get a Wii to hack imo
I have both and quite frankly the WiiU has so much fucking baggage it makes it not worth it

if you want to play wii u games more than wii games, get a wii u. if you want to play wii or gamecube games more, get a wii.
wii u has poor upscaling for wii mode that can't be circumvented, negatively impacting image quality even when outputting 480p. it doesn't support 240p output but that doesn't matter if you're just using an HDTV. it has no built-in gamecube controller ports; while you can use the USB adapter to use gamecube controllers with nintendont, it won't support the GBA link cable.
wii benefits from built-in gamecube controller and memory card ports, and the ability to read gamecube discs, provided you don't get the shitty "family edition" wii that removed them

I want the controllers and the beam thing for dolphin emulation, don’t know where to buy tho.

>original wiimote and nunchuk combo from eBay
>dolphin sensor bar for PC on amazon

>if you want to play wii or gamecube games more, get a wii.

This
What that fuck does the Wii U have? An inferior version of Mario Kart 8 and Breath of the Wild?
Bayonetta 2 is cool....eh might as well emulate it
On and Super Mario 3D....bore

Damn the Wii was sexy. It was so squeeky clean and the UI felt so futuristic.

Just set your console signal to 480p. The lag in Wii mode is in the TV, not the console.

>NES hooked up via antenna
>Snes/N64 hooked up via S-Video with a switch
>Gamecube/Wii hooked up via Component
>Wii U, Switch, SNES mini hooked up via 3 HDMI ports.
No awkward converters. Only annoying thing is that the NES can't hook up via composite, because the TV always prioritizes composite over S-Video.

>inferior version of MK8
You can mod in every Deluxe battle course and racetrack.
>Affordable Space Adventures
>Nintendoland
>Best controls for Pikmin 3
>Non-splitscreen multiplayer for Pokken and Hyrule Warriors
>(nearly) full GC/Wii backwards compatibility, including compatibility with the broadband adapter, allowing cross-gen crossplay for Mario Kart Double Dash, Kirby Air Ride, Phantasy Star Online, and 1080 Avalanche
>Web browser can still do ad-interruption-free YouTube
>Wii Fit U has best pedometer ever and quality weight/calorie-tracking
>A whole bunch of Just Dance titles
>Best version of Maiden of Black Water
>Best version of ZombiU
>Dual screens make it the best way to play DS games on a TV.
>DS virtual console injection, most of which can render at higher resolution with a simple tweak of a config file.
>Tiny Thief is adorable
>Controller is a TV remote.

>unattractive bullshit: the list

Attached: confused anime girl.jpg (374x374, 40.54K)

Urafag

And none of that crap adds to good reasons of getting a WiiU, especially the Just Dance crap.
>No mention of SM64DS getting native anal log support
Nigger.
>pedometer
This name needs to be changed

>Reminder that HDMI switchers need to use power from a USB at least
Wii has two usb ports.